Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pls help! How do you get your kids to smile for pictures?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 3:55 pm
Ages 3 and up? Its very hard to get normal smiling pictures of my kids

oneofakind

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:09 pm
I learnt this from a photographer I know. Most parents come to the photo shoot all tense about how it'll come out or they bring a kid who needs a nap and is out of sorts.
Bring well rested and well fed children. Make the photo shoot fun, get them happy and they'll look great.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:10 pm
Either with great jokes and genuine fun times… or I actually enjoy their cute odd smiles. Reminds me of that delicious stage in their life

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:37 pm
The only thing that works here are jokes.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 4:59 pm
The photographer also needs to be a party clown. I'm not joking. They need to be able to photograph with one hand, and use the other for a sock puppet or squeaky toy. It's an art form all on it's own.

The only problem is if the photographer is TOO funny. I remember one time my sister and I got the giggles, and each time one of us tried to stop, the other one would start cracking up again. My parents were furious, and tried to practically threaten and scare us into behaving, but we couldn't stop ourselves. The poor photographer didn't seem to know how to get that train wreck back on the tracks.

DD despised having her picture taken, from an early age. The best photos I have of her are when she is actively engaged in something, and not thinking about me. I actually like those better than portrait studio pics, because she's being her true self, doing something she enjoys. It's also adorable that she sticks her tongue out of the corner of her mouth when she's concentrating real hard! Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics