Home

Posting about someone in the third person

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


chanatron1000




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 4:09 pm
Does anyone else feel that posting about someone in the third person in a group discussion can be quite rude? Sometimes it makes sense in context, but at other times it seems a bit like talking about someone in front of her.
Back to top

amother




Papayawhip
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 4:20 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Does anyone else feel that posting about someone in the third person in a group discussion can be quite rude? Sometimes it makes sense in context, but at other times it seems a bit like talking about someone in front of her.


And we shouldn't be talking behind her back either.


Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 22 2021, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

chanatron1000




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 4:35 pm
To me it looks kind of like this:

Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 4:36 pm
Yes that is rude
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 4:45 pm
Happens in politics all the time...
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 4:59 pm
Depends on the context.
Back to top

amother




Lightgreen
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 5:05 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Does anyone else feel that posting about someone in the third person in a group discussion can be quite rude? Sometimes it makes sense in context, but at other times it seems a bit like talking about someone in front of her.

Can you give an example?
Back to top

Chickensoupprof




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 5:06 pm
Is rude and so on
Back to top

chanatron1000




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 6:58 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
Can you give an example?

It usually happens on more political or heated topics, but it's something like this:

Poster A: I always put at least one bottle of mustard in my cholent, usually three. I wouldn't ruin a cholent with sugary condiments like barbecue sauce. Rolling Eyes

Poster B: I love sweet ingredients in cholent. The best cholent I ever had was flavored with duck sauce, barbecue sauce and some honey added just because. Mustard doesn't go in the cholent in my household.

Poster C: [Poster A wrote: I always put at least one bottle of mustard in my cholent, usually three. I wouldn't ruin a cholent with sugary condiments like barbecue sauce. Rolling Eyes ] Mustard is absolutely a must. It's called mustard because you must put in everything. Barbecue sauce is called barbecue sauce because it's painful to eat, and duck sauce is called duck sauce because your taste buds have to duck when you assault them with that evil concoction. I don't understand why people eat that stuff. There must be something wrong with them.

Poster B: I admit I have a sweet tooth and I'd put jellybeans instead of kidney beans if I could get away with it, but I don't think putting barbecue sauce in cholent or omitting mustard violates any rules.

Poster A: [Poster C wrote: Barbecue sauce is called barbecue sauce because it's painful to eat, and duck sauce is called duck sauce because your taste buds have to duck when you assault them with that evil concoction. I don't understand why people eat that stuff. There must be something wrong with them] So true. I really don't understand where people like Poster B are coming from. Sad A cholent without mustard is just not edible and doesn’t deserve to be called a cholent.

Poster C: [Poster A wrote: So true. I really don't understand where people like Poster B are coming from. Sad A cholent without mustard is just not edible and doesn’t deserve to be called a cholent.] She must be from a different community. Or a different planet. Honestly, I don’t see how anyone can condone such behavior. I don’t know whether she was joking about the jellybeans, but probably not. When it comes to such people we should never assume they wouldn’t go that far.

Poster B: No, I would not put jellybeans into my cholent. But I also would rather use custard than mustard.

Poster A: [Poster C wrote: She must be from a different community. Or a different planet. Honestly, I don’t see how anyone can condone such behavior. Crying I don’t know whether she was joking about the jellybeans, but probably not. When it comes to such people we should never assume they wouldn’t go that far.] There is no community that I know of that has a minhag of leaving out the mustard and putting in sugar sauce and making the cholent taste disgusting. Can't Believe It Shame on you
Back to top

number




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:24 pm
If it’s an anonymous poster with troll-y sounding posts then I’d be ok with it. If it’s someone posting under their screen name it’s terribly rude. Since you said politics I’m assuming they’re using their sn so I agree, not ok. Politics threads tend to be toxic in general tho. Probably best to stay out of that section if you want to see manners and etiquette.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Someone to redo our wooden indoor steps- no response from
by amother
3 Yesterday at 2:19 pm View last post
Implications of canceling a family outing due to one person
by amother
15 Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:45 pm View last post
If you're a naturally happy person despite difficult
by amother
10 Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:09 pm View last post
Need a new chandelier- can someone show me what’s in style?
by amother
3 Sat, Jan 22 2022, 9:44 pm View last post
Commentaries on cold being caused by the person himself 0 Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:09 pm View last post