Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Help me like the name
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:08 pm
Leah. It's a nice name and one of the imahos but I just dont love it. Sounds so plain and boring and every leah I've ever met has a quit boring personality- even the relative I'd be naming after!
I also specifically like names with nice meanings and leah does not have a nice meaning.
I'm sure it's just hormonal that I feel this way about a name so typical...so Please help me come to like the name!

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:09 pm
How about Lea
(Lee-ah)

observer

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:10 pm
Once your daughter is born and named Leah, you will probably start to love the name!

ROFL

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:11 pm
Can you add a second name Leah Ahuva? (Leah my beloved )

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:12 pm
The Leah’s in my family have TONS of personality! My little daughter Leah is beyond precious.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:14 pm
I have a Leah. She is Devorah Leah but we call her Leah. She is 4 years old and fun and spunky and smart and adorable.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:15 pm
I know an adorable Leah. Fun personality, kind, sweet, talented!
I didn't feel my son's name until he grew into it and now I love it! I really wanted to name after that specific person.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:21 pm
Would you do a nickname?

SG18

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:24 pm
I think you need to have a connection to the name you're choosing. You should like it!

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:29 pm
I know laylay's and leee-ah's. I LOVE the name Leah. I would probably call mine laylay.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:33 pm
ROFL wrote:
Can you add a second name Leah Ahuva? (Leah my beloved )

My daughter is Ahuva Leah:)

naomi2

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:33 pm
So don't use the name. It's your child and your right to name what you feel is correct.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:35 pm
I don't think you should use this name. It's not fair to you or her. Maybe find a name you like that you can connect to this person if you really want to name after them. If a parent is forcing you to use the name, you should consider your relationship with your child and how you will feel negative every time you call their name.

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:36 pm
Princess Leia of Star Wars.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:37 pm
What about Laykie?

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:37 pm
You literally dont like the name. its as simple as calling her something else. and if your in laws make a stink about it, just smile and nod.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:47 pm
I like the idea of a second name. This way I can always call her by the second name if I still dont connect to the name leah once baby is born.

If it was an unusual name I wouldn't name after, but it's a nice name, I am just not super into it right now but maybe I'll like it more...and the nicknames suggested are pretty cute

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Leah. It's a nice name and one of the imahos but I just dont love it. Sounds so plain and boring and every leah I've ever met has a quit boring personality- even the relative I'd be naming after!
I also specifically like names with nice meanings and leah does not have a nice meaning.
I'm sure it's just hormonal that I feel this way about a name so typical...so Please help me come to like the name!

I’m tend to agree. I find a lot of biblical names to be overused and not exciting Vs Hebrew words with beautiful meanings. That said, I gave the name Chana after a grandmother. Wasn’t thrilled to give it, its odd but it REALLY fits my daughter. My next daughter has a much more unique name and she’s my quirky one. If you’re going to end up giving it regardless then just surrender. If there’s a chance of a second name, we can help out ...

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:54 pm
Great ideas on this thread
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....46574

shaqued_almond

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:58 pm
My Hebrew name is Tamar Lea and actually chose both names. Leah in the Torah doesn't fit at first glance but when you look at her children you realize what enormous potential Lea had. All the cohanim, the leviim and the kings come from Leah. Mashiach comes from Leah. Also she was very smart. When Yaakov asked her why she tricked him by dressing up as Rachel she basically said "who are you to criticize me? You dressed up as eisav to get a bracha?" Lots and lots of personality
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names