Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
False negatives PCR?

abc 123

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 9:12 pm
We live in a far off place so the Jewish community here only got covid in the last few weeks . A year and a half after many other places.

On 25'of November 2021 my unvaccinated 11 year old tested positive. She had a persistent dry cough and a very runny nose. And she was a close contact of a covid case from going to a friend's house on shabbos a few days before. My whole family went into isolation as the government requires .
A few days later my 3 other children and I had Symptoms but all tested negative on every PCR test on days 3, 5, 7 and 11 after exposure.
I had headache , tiredness, loss of taste, loss of smell (even though my nose was not blocked) loss of appetite. I'm recently double vaccinated. (Got second dose a few weeks ago)

My 13 year old unvaccinated daughter had persistent dry cough, runny nose, very sore throat , loss of taste and loss of smell loss of appetite
My 9 year old unvaccinated daughter had persistent dry cough, runny nose, loss of taste loss of smell, loss of appetite
My one year old was kvetchy and had loss of appetite, runny nose and cough.
Symptoms lasted a few days then mostly went away after a week.
We all tested negative a few times.

Did we have covid and false negatives PCR tests or did we all have a different virus and didn't catch covid from my daughter?

Did anyone have a similar experience?

My husband and 5 year old daughter isolated in a seperate house. So they didn't get Symptoms and were not exposed to covid from my daughter.

I'm worried that we will have to isolate again each time a family member gets covid.

My husband is also double vacinnated like me . And got his second dose a few weeks ago.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 10:03 pm
I've definitely heard of multiple negative PCRs that ended up being most likely false (due to spread in the family and subsequent positive antibody results).

Can you test for antibodies in a few weeks?

abc 123

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 11:00 pm
Thank you.
I can get antibody test for my children . But I can't get an antibody test because I'm double vacinnated recently. So doctor said antibody test doesn't work for vaccinated people because vaccine can cause antibodies in antibody test.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 11:32 pm
There are different types of antibody tests. Some do differentiate between vaccine induced immunity and natural immunity.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 11:57 pm
abc 123 wrote:
We live in a far off place so the Jewish community here only got covid in the last few weeks . A year and a half after many other places.

On 25'of November 2021 my unvaccinated 11 year old tested positive. She had a persistent dry cough and a very runny nose. And she was a close contact of a covid case from going to a friend's house on shabbos a few days before. My whole family went into isolation as the government requires .
A few days later my 3 other children and I had Symptoms but all tested negative on every PCR test on days 3, 5, 7 and 11 after exposure.
I had headache , tiredness, loss of taste, loss of smell (even though my nose was not blocked) loss of appetite. I'm recently double vaccinated. (Got second dose a few weeks ago)

My 13 year old unvaccinated daughter had persistent dry cough, runny nose, very sore throat , loss of taste and loss of smell loss of appetite
My 9 year old unvaccinated daughter had persistent dry cough, runny nose, loss of taste loss of smell, loss of appetite
My one year old was kvetchy and had loss of appetite, runny nose and cough.
Symptoms lasted a few days then mostly went away after a week.
We all tested negative a few times.

Did we have covid and false negatives PCR tests or did we all have a different virus and didn't catch covid from my daughter?

Did anyone have a similar experience?

My husband and 5 year old daughter isolated in a seperate house. So they didn't get Symptoms and were not exposed to covid from my daughter.

I'm worried that we will have to isolate again each time a family member gets covid.

My husband is also double vacinnated like me . And got his second dose a few weeks ago.

My daughter had same thing. Doc said this was a different virus that was going around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics