Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
West Long branch OBGYN vs. Dr. Surowitz

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:26 am
I've used west long branch in the past and thinking to switch to Dr. Surowitz. Has anyone used both doctors and would recommend one over the other. I know with Dr. Surowitz it's longer waits but I'm ok with that if it's a better practice.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:25 pm
Bump

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 6:31 pm
Bump

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:30 pm
im going to give you my experience. and its mine. so dont base your decision on mine only. I tried surowitz office and was not happy. its not just the wait that bothered me. I would wait if it ment I would get a better service. it wasnt worth my time and effort. I never went to west long branch. I cant compare.

im looking to change now. not sure who because of my insurance. but if your happy in west long branch its a good idea to stay. especially if your happy. having a good doc in lakewood is a metzia. so dont take it lightly.

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 9:02 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
im going to give you my experience. and its mine. so dont base your decision on mine only. I tried surowitz office and was not happy. its not just the wait that bothered me. I would wait if it ment I would get a better service. it wasnt worth my time and effort. I never went to west long branch. I cant compare.

im looking to change now. not sure who because of my insurance. but if your happy in west long branch its a good idea to stay. especially if your happy. having a good doc in lakewood is a metzia. so dont take it lightly.

Thanks for your response.
What was it abt surowitz u did not like? I need an ob for my first iyH

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 9:12 pm
She did not give me time, she rushed me so fast I even felt uncomfortable telling her my needs. I barely got a chance to speak with her bec she didn’t give me much time to speak. When I tried to tell her she threw every possible idea she had to help me from simple to the most severe, it was super weird cuz she really hadn’t taken the time to hear me out. Then I went to her other office and she wasn’t better, I had to get a biopsy. She had very little decent bedside manners. She rushed me and spoke to me like 90 mph, not kidding! I really wanted to give her another chance.

Noel a midwife is super nice but she couldn’t help me. I tried a different midwife there and was also not a great experience, the place is mismanaged. I know they are trying but it didn’t work for me. I have never had a baby there so I can’t vouch on that either. As I said before it’s my experience and I know others go there. So I’m sure there will b other people experience s.

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 5:03 pm
I never used Dr Surowitz but I had 3 babies with west long branch and have only the best to say about them. Super happy with all the drs and midwives, found everyone to be super professional patient and caring and always on top of things.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 6:36 pm
I used dr surowitz for two pregnancies and I did not have that experience at all. When I had an issue she really gave me the time of day and spoke out my options with me. In general yes she does move quickly but she really slowed down and talked to me when I needed it. And she was incredible at delivery. I really like her. I also had a great experience with sheva who delivered me once and saw me for a few of my prenatal visits that pregnancy, and gave me A TON of time at my postpartum checkup (anyone who had a long wait in the waiting room that day, sorry!! It was my fault! Lol)

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:09 pm
Unfortunately the practice has changed since she opened up. The practice grew too fast, it no longer offers the same type of care as it did in the beginning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries