Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
New sheitel wwyd UPDATE
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:36 pm
I finally got a new wig, saved up money over the summer for it. I was all excited, did my research, and went to a top sheitel macher.

I went to cut it today. She asked me a few questions about myself (I have never gone to her before), what style I want to do... and it seemed like she got me. she started cutting, I'm turned away from the mirror and by the time I see myself in the mirror I see that she cut it so short. Totally not what I had in mind. I'm not very assertive and whats done is done. I was hoping that once she blows it it will be longer... when she was done it looked really cute, she did a great job, but it's really not what I was going for.

I really have a hard time saying that I don't like it, especially after its done. All I said was, wow its really nice. I didn't imagine it so short, but I'll try to get used to it.

I really am upset. I can try to get used to it, but I really didn't want such a short wig. Also whenever I went to a new sheitel macher they cut a bit then we discuss how much more to go. No one just chops it off. She finished cutting and just went to the next customer and I feel shocked that this is my new wig!

I guess this is just a vent... was I wrong... maybe I wasn't clear about the length.. Is she wrong here... what can I do now... should I tell her I'm disappointed... what would you do?

believe22

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:40 pm
🙈🙈 I’m so frustrated for you. Are you ready for perspective or just need validation for now? Because it’s SO valid to feel cheated and upset.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:41 pm
Did she ask you about length?

You need to be open with her.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:43 pm
believe22 wrote:
🙈🙈 I’m so frustrated for you. Are you ready for perspective or just need validation for now? Because it’s SO valid to feel cheated and upset.

thanks. Bh I do feel like I'm keeping it in perspective Very Happy I'm so greatful for everything in my life that I can't even be too upset about it (and no it's not like I'll just buy a new one next week).

I'm really not mad.... more shocked. like why did she think I need a wig so short? where did we go wrong?

octopus

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:43 pm
This once happened to me. I was also really upset. I bought a long shaitel and she chopped half of it off. And it was for a simcha! I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I probably should have but I couldn't.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:46 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Did she ask you about length?

You need to be open with her.

she didn't ask. Before she started cutting I brought it up. I didn't say an exact amount of inches. I definitely told her it should be longer than the one I was currently wearing. I came in with an old everyday short wig and new one is for elegant. she said, yeah for sure longer than what you are wearing. I thought she got me, especially that she is from my community and she cuts for people like me all day.

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:48 pm
Maybe try to sell it on Doppledanger?

cupcake123

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:58 pm
That is sooofrustrating! I also have that personality where I cant be assertive. This is such a big purchase though. Argh I dont know what to tell you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 7:03 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
That is sooofrustrating! I also have that personality where I cant be assertive. This is such a big purchase though. Argh I dont know what to tell you

thanks.
I know that this is my nature so I try to be assertive and clear before.

But I wish I would be able to tell her straight up, hey why is it so short? this is not what I had wanted.
I wonder what she would answer.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 7:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks.
I know that this is my nature so I try to be assertive and clear before.

But I wish I would be able to tell her straight up, hey why is it so short? this is not what I had wanted.
I wonder what she would answer.

Do it. Call her or go back in person and tell her you’re disappointed. Tell her you saved up for it and this was a big deal for you, and you feel she was careless.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 7:45 pm
I also had that and I didn't have thousands of dollars for anything new after that. I just styled it as best as I could and wear it.

Window

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:15 pm
There’s an option of wig surgery. They can rearrange the wefts to make it longer. Or add in longer hairs.
Where are you located? I know wigs by Bluma in monsey is really good with that

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I finally got a new wig, saved up money over the summer for it. I was all excited, did my research, and went to a top sheitel macher.

I went to cut it today. She asked me a few questions about myself (I have never gone to her before), what style I want to do... and it seemed like she got me. she started cutting, I'm turned away from the mirror and by the time I see myself in the mirror I see that she cut it so short. Totally not what I had in mind. I'm not very assertive and whats done is done. I was hoping that once she blows it it will be longer... when she was done it looked really cute, she did a great job, but it's really not what I was going for.

I really have a hard time saying that I don't like it, especially after its done. All I said was, wow its really nice. I didn't imagine it so short, but I'll try to get used to it.

I really am upset. I can try to get used to it, but I really didn't want such a short wig. Also whenever I went to a new sheitel macher they cut a bit then we discuss how much more to go. No one just chops it off. She finished cutting and just went to the next customer and I feel shocked that this is my new wig!

I guess this is just a vent... was I wrong... maybe I wasn't clear about the length.. Is she wrong here... what can I do now... should I tell her I'm disappointed... what would you do?

She shouldn’t have cut before asking you what length you wanted… go tell her exactly how you feel,

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:06 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
Do it. Call her or go back in person and tell her you’re disappointed. Tell her you saved up for it and this was a big deal for you, and you feel she was careless.

I wish I could! It's so hard for me to be confrontational.
I somehow feel like it's my fault. She'll say, why didn't you say so when you were here? Or you weren't clear on the length...

If I get the courage and speak up, what will I have from it? She won't refund the whole wig now

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:17 pm
Really feel for you! Ugh!
Sometimes if unassertive Can you say something like you are sorry you it wasn’t clear enough for her when you said longer than what you are wearing…and it really is too short for you and ask her is there anything that can be done?
You didn’t say anything at the time because you were shocked and thought you’d process it first and maybe even be ok with the length tho it wasn’t what you wanted.
This happened to me once someone cut a blunt bang across! Chop chop and too late
I was stunned!
After much attempts I did end up having to just donate it to a gemach :0
Never went back to her that’s for sure.
Hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:23 pm
Definitely say something. You saved up for this. Why should you now have to get used to something you didn't want. She should have asked before she chopped so much. It could be she can sell it to someone else and it won't be as big of a loss to her as it is to you. Maybe you can work something out with her even if you take a small loss. If you sell on consignment you will lose a lot of money because they take a very big percentage. Speak up soon because if you wait too long it looks silly.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:25 pm
I am so sorry. I really commiserate.
I had a shaitel macher cut top heavy layers on a new wig that I spent such a long time saving up for. I had specifically asked not to have such layers. It was so hard. I had to live with that for years.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:28 pm
thanks everyone.
It was great getting it off my chest and airing it out. Question is: do I wear it like this a few times and take it back, I have an appointment in 2 months and say I can't get used to it. Or should I call tomorrow morning and take it back?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks everyone.
It was great getting it off my chest and airing it out. Question is: do I wear it like this a few times and take it back, I have an appointment in 2 months and say I can't get used to it. Or should I call tomorrow morning and take it back?

Call tomorrow and take it back. The longer you wait the less chance you have of her doing anything.

smilethere2

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:31 pm
That’s so hard! I can totally see myself being in your place and not being able to speak up while also feeling that this should not have happened.
I only have sympathy for you. WhatI’ve come to learn in general about life is that even the most experienced and professional people don’t always get what another person wants! Even when one is very specific mistakes happen, all the more so when we hope and think someone will know on their own.

In this instance you had no idea she would go so short because she even said, I get you- it will be longer. That is where I think you have the clear right to go back to her or if you’re more comfortable text her.

Assertive & nice Wink

You can explain I’m so not confrontational and it’s hard for me to say this but I asked you for something you confirmed it but then did otherwise. I’m really unhappy , is there anything you could do?

Maybe she’ll help you sell it.

All the best & know everything Hashem does is for our good, may you feel that peace and see it in a revealed manner:
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics