Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Name that Kiwi13! (I need a pen name)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

iyar

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 3:04 pm
Lori Wickham

SG18

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 4:06 pm
iyar wrote:
Lori Wickham

Ooh, I like this

naomi2

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 6:12 pm
Maybe you can use the name of your childhood pet I don't remember if it had a "human" name

enneamom

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 6:36 pm
Do Pleasant for a last name (translation of Naomi)

Shelly Pleasant?

Sheilah Pleasant

Shari Pleasant

Etc.

Or hey! Do an anagram. Minoa Mulshan? LOL

enneamom

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 6:39 pm
Ooh, look what I found!

https://www.dcode.fr/pseudonym-generator

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 8:49 pm
Allisa Laury (I'm just on p. 1).

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:59 pm
Lori Kiwila

Kiwi13

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 12:37 pm
Wickham is the name of a nearby farm with activities and stuff. I don't love the name, but I DO love the idea of a surname having to do with farms! Any other names like that? Or anagrams of Wickham, or similar... hmmm. Trying out the pen name generator now! Good Shabbos!

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:04 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Wickham is the name of a nearby farm with activities and stuff. I don't love the name, but I DO love the idea of a surname having to do with farms! Any other names like that? Or anagrams of Wickham, or similar... hmmm. Trying out the pen name generator now! Good Shabbos!

Allysa MacDonald Wink
Wickham - Kamwich

ellacoe

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:08 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
I need a pen name. Help!

My ideas so far of names I like with some kind of meaning to me...

Alissa
Lori

That's it... someone please help me. My goals for today are to finally choose a pen name and create my spreadsheet of writing projects.

What kind of writing is this more? I.e a good science fiction name is completely different than a political correspondent name.

What image, thoughts etc to do you want to come to mind when people see your name?
(Do you want to be seen as strong, knowledgeable, whimsical etc.)

Kiwi13

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:29 pm
I want it to NOT be genre specific. I'm splitting my stuff into 6 categories (yes I have plenty of stuff to go around, BH)....

1. Naomi Shulman = traditionally published Jewish books, magazine work, podcast

2. My maiden name = books and other stuff I wrote and published before I was married (this name is retired)

3. Leah....? = Jewish books that I self-publish (need a last name)

4. Lori....? = self-published books of several genres, including: psychological thrillers (adult and YA), some creative non-fiction (adult, YA)

5. Storytime Mommy = self-published parenting humor books. I'm building up this brand and it's gonna be fun! (Or at least it's gonna be fun for ME lol.)

6. Storytime Mommy FOR KIDS = actual children's books that I self-publish, except for Jewish-themed ones, because those will go under Leah....?

It took me a long time to consolidate this. I made 2 trifold boards last week, one for organizing productivity, and one for organizing inventory (all my manuscripts in their various levels of completion. Care to guess how many I've got???) It's awesomely obscene. I feel proud. I've been hoarding so much stuff in my unorganized phone and computer, and seeing it all listed in one place is WOW.

I worked over 50 hours last week, but my goal is to eventually (soon, I hope) work SMARTER hours. Somebody else wouldn't have taken as long on the organizational side. Turns out I don't need a manager as much as I need a bunch of lists and charts legit IN MY FACE, AS I WORK. It's awesome.

Kiwi13

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:38 pm
PRODUCTIVITY BOARD:

INVENTORY BOARD:

I think Trash Heap Trisha will be the one I start with on my grand self-publishing adventure. She's awesome. You'll like her.

Trash Heap Trisha has three kids
And Tupperware with random lids.
She thinks one day she'll sort them out.
But why do that she can pout?

YaaaaaaAAAYY TRISHA!!!
Tra-trash Heap Trisha - YAY!!!

She's me, you guys. But you knew that already. ;-)

dena613

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:48 pm
That looks super organized, Kiwi!

Maybe trash heap is the name to choose LOL LOL

amother
Kiwi

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:59 pm
Okay now I'm jealous! I have a huge list of someday and I wish projects. Giving them this much space means taking them all seriously! Which is super awesome!

Kiwi13

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 11:12 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
Okay now I'm jealous! I have a huge list of someday and I wish projects. Giving them this much space means taking them all seriously! Which is super awesome!

DO IT!!! It's the best feeling to see them up on a board like this. Even the idea bank section, which has a lot of half-baked ideas in it... it's such a game changer to SEE THEM in front of me.

Kiwi13

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 11:13 pm
dena613 wrote:
That looks super organized, Kiwi!

Maybe trash heap is the name to choose LOL LOL

Lori Trish LOL

dena613

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 11:16 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Lori Trish LOL

Or annagram it- shirt! Lol LOL

daagahminayin

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 11:28 pm
Love what you’re doing here.

I suggest paying attention to the way the name sounds and what it will evoke when people hear it more than the underlying meaning it has for you.

Try to pick a name that will fit the genre you’re writing for if you know what I mean. If it has extra meaning for you, great, but don’t make that the clincher.

Kiwi13

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 11:39 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
Love what you’re doing here.

I suggest paying attention to the way the name sounds and what it will evoke when people hear it more than the underlying meaning it has for you.

Try to pick a name that will fit the genre you’re writing for if you know what I mean. If it has extra meaning for you, great, but don’t make that the clincher.

YES to all of this!!! You totally get it. But how??

daagahminayin

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 11:47 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
YES to all of this!!! You totally get it. But how??

Go for a walk and let something come to you.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club