Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Is Hashem good?
Previous  1  2  3

daffys

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:44 am
Hi everyone.
First of all thanks for posting your thoughts… very validating…
Also if anyone has a rav or rebetzin I can cold call I would very much appreciate it. I spoke to a rebetzin I know but she totally didn’t get it.
I want to clarify what I’m struggling with. I (think I) have emunah. I know that God created the world and He continues to control it. But I’m having a VERY VERY hard time trusting him and here’s why. In my eyes he’s Kim Jong Un.. he has total control over his constituents and tortures people in the name of “good” .
If I truly believe that God can do anything then why did he create suffering?? Since his powers are limitless he could’ve created the result of the suffering without it!! BUT HE CHOSE NOT TO!
So I was told.. ok so u don’t trust… so what? But I can’t live like that. I live in a good community, have an amazing family and I don’t want to drop this whole lifestyle cuz I know there ain’t better! But to live like this, just doing and doing with no meaning to it and no connection is too much to handle…

Geulanow

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 1:19 am
Even Moshe Rabbeinun asked Hashem “Why are you doing evil to these people?” . We don't have the answers. Hashem should take away all of the suffering and briing Moshiach.
Here is an article that might interest you: https://www.meaningfullife.com.....ple/.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 9:23 am
I just saw a line from an essay by Rav Yehuda Amital zt"l. Unfortunately I don't have access to the book anymore. It was about fearing Hashem. He said that people kept davening and did mitzvos in the camps. If you're going to talk about fear of punishment, they were getting punishment. It's a different definition of fear, based on awe and connection. (But I really don't remember more.)

Geulanow

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 11:14 am
daffys wrote:
Hi everyone.
Also if anyone has a rav or rebetzin I can cold call I would very much appreciate it. I spoke to a rebetzin I know but she totally didn’t get it.
I want to clarify what I’m struggling with. I (think I) have emunah. I know that God created the world and He continues to control it. But I’m having a VERY VERY hard time trusting him and here’s why. In my eyes he’s Kim Jong Un.. he has total control over his constituents and tortures people in the name of “good” .
If I truly believe that God can do anything then why did he create suffering?? Since his powers are limitless he could’ve created the result of the suffering without it!! BUT HE CHOSE NOT TO!
So I was told.. ok so u don’t trust… so what? But I can’t live like that. I live in a good community, have an amazing family and I don’t want to drop this whole lifestyle cuz I know there ain’t better! But to live like this, just doing and doing with no meaning to it and no connection is too much to handle…

You can contact Rabbi Jacobson. The contact information is on here:
https://www.meaningfullife.com/contact/

Learning

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 11:22 am
daffys wrote:
Hi everyone.

Because he has a reason you don’t know. You are not as smart as hashem. If you would understand why there is suffering your emuna would have been easy to do

Learning

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 11:24 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Again, to just accept it is easier said than done. And again, Im not getting into my specific life without being anonymous, but I have not always been able to "just Accpet it". And I know there are other frum jews just like that as well.

Yes just accept it. נעשה ונשמע
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics