Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Mishpacha Junior comic serial, 1:0

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 7:38 pm
Do you follow it?
I have no idea how anyone thinks this is appropriate for kids. That being said, as an adult, I find it fascinating. The artwork is intriguing and really pulls you in. There is a lot of symbolism and inuendo, and it's hard to figure out exactly what's what.

I missed many of the chapters so I don't know exactly what happened.
From what I understand, there was a girl Naomi, who went missing. She is found but claims she is not Naomi, but rather Shevi. She has completely different likes and dislikes to Naomi. The psychologist claims she has a dissociative condition. She ran away to escape something and forgot her former identity. A DNA test confirms that she is Naomi.

Then there are criminals who robbed a bank and are able to listen into the police office.
Under hypnosis, Naomi/Shevi reveals that the night she ran away, she saw a bank being robbed. The hypnosis session is broadcast to the police and overheard by the criminals who now want to silence the girl.

But this week it seems she really is not Naomi- but she is a different girl.

I missed the last few chapters and many in the beginning.
Can someone please fill in the missing gaps?
Thanks so much.

amother
Freesia

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 7:42 pm
Yes. I found it inappropriate for kids and also don't follow every week.
The way it is presented is stupid.
This kind of story shouldn't be in comics.
Literally every picture is just a drawings of her face looking this way or that. The drawings are not telling a story.
I thought it was just her being in her head again saying that she isn't Naomi.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Java

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 7:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you follow it?
I have no idea how anyone thinks this is appropriate for kids. That being said, as an adult, I find it fascinating. The artwork is intriguing and really pulls you in. There is a lot of symbolism and inuendo, and it's hard to figure out exactly what's what.

I missed many of the chapters so I don't know exactly what happened.
From what I understand, there was a girl Naomi, who went missing. She is found but claims she is not Naomi, but rather Shevi. She has a completely different likes and dislikes to Naomi. The psychologist claims she has a dissociative condition. She ran away to escape something and forgit her former identity. A DNA test confirms that she is Naomi.

Then there are criminals who robbed a bank and are able to listen into the police office.
Under hypnosis, Naomi/Sheva reveals that the night she ran away, she saw a bank being robbed. The hypnosis session is broadcast to the police and overheard by the criminals who now want to silence the girl.

But this week it seems she really is not Naomi- but she is a different girl.

I missed the last few chapters and many in the beginning.
Can someone please fill in the
missing gaps?
Thanks so much.

I was just telling my husband about this!! It is so so so so dark. No way is it appropriate for kids and I have no clue how the author is going to wrap it up neatly.

amother
Glitter

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 7:46 pm
I as an adult cant fully follow the serial I cant imagine there are children that can

amother
Clover

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 8:12 pm
amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
I as an adult cant fully follow the serial I cant imagine there are children that can

This. I don't chap exactly what's going on . Dd is not reading it

chanatron1000

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 8:19 pm
It's very confusing, and I don't think magazines should print serials that make you have to read every installment to be able to follow.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 8:34 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
Yes. I found it inappropriate for kids and also don't follow every week.
The way it is presented is stupid.
This kind of story shouldn't be in comics.
Literally every picture is just a drawings of her face looking this way or that. The drawings are not telling a story.
I thought it was just her being in her head again saying that she isn't Naomi.

As an artist, I love the artwork. It's very sophisticated. But it reminds me a lot of Manga comics- not that I know much about manga- but they also tell most of the story in pictures. I think.

Anyway, as far as the story goes. Anyone know how and why she disappeared ? Is there a chance that she is not Naomi? Why does the friend, Shulamis, think she is not Naomi?

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 8:46 pm
I had just been thinking of starting a thread asking someone to summarize this. I'm not quite getting it either.
Yes it looks like Manga.
And my sense of graphic novels is that the stories can usually be told so much better in traditional from than as a graphic novel.

chanatron1000

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 9:11 pm
Graphic novels have more in common with films than with traditional books.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 31 2022, 9:29 pm
I'm still not understanding. Are Shevy and Naomi two separate people or one and the same??

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Mar 31 2022, 9:31 pm
I guess we'll find out next week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room