Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Electrolysis - eye & lip - tell me everything I need to know

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 9:54 pm
I've been doing eyebrow and lip waxing all my life. My oldest is starting to need the same, and I was thinking of doing electrolysis - can you tell me everything I need to know? I think I would join her if it means in a few yrs I will be done with it...

amother
Mocha

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:03 pm
Painful but really works. Now I go maybe twice a year for touch ups. I did lip only, not eyebrow

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:07 pm
I did lip. Took a few years to complete but haven't been back and it's been about 12 years. It's a little painful but bearable. I would definitely do it for my daughter when she wants to do it.

Lotti

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:11 pm
Best thing ever. I did lip and eyebrow as a teenager and now 20 years later I go once or twice a Yr. Would def do for my daughter.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:45 pm
I did eye brows somee lip and side burns chin and I'd recommend it. Ice right before like literally 10 seconds before that area if it's extra painful helps numb it. Just careful with eye brows.. Styles change and mine are pretty thin.. but style is thicker now.. So only do stray hairs and still style with waxing it tweezing maybe

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 10:56 pm
Is this something I should research who's experienced, or can I just choose someone who does it closest to me? also how often would we have to go for starters, and when does it start slowing down? at how much are the standard rates

love vegetables

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 12:16 am
It's good that you do research, it really makes a difference

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:20 am
I’ve done for about 5 years on my brows before giving up.

#Happymom

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:25 am
Definitely do your research. I went as a teenager for my eyebrows and lip and now I go about once a year. it is a bit painful, but I used emla cream beforehand and that was amazing. For the first year I went every week/second week. (But the lady I went to first, had an older machine and wasn't as good, I wonder if I'd gone to someone else, if it would've taken quicker) the following year I started going only every few months and the third year, I went maybe twice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics