Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Pls help israeli citizenship , NY over 30 days old baby

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 10:59 am
hi,
my husband is israeli. we live in NY and I had children bh. a 5 year old and a 4 month old.
I made an appointment in the city next week to get them to be israeli citizens so I can get them passports.
the problem is on the website it says that I need to register my kids , within 30 days of their birth.
both my kids are over that age... what do I do? I cant believe that they can never be israeli??

does anyone know what I can do ? thanks so much
(I know I have an appointment but I want to know before)

SG18

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:29 pm
It doesn't matter if they're over 30 days. As long as you bring all of the documents, you'll be fine.
My daughter was 3 months when I registered her, and there was a couple there with a 3 and 5 year old.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:36 pm
SG18 wrote:
It doesn't matter if they're over 30 days. As long as you bring all of the documents, you'll be fine.
My daughter was 3 months when I registered her, and there was a couple there with a 3 and 5 year old.

ok thank you!
what documents do I need?

SG18

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 1:03 pm
How did you make the appointment? We had to email the documents listed here and bring them in with us
https://embassies.gov.il/new-y......aspx

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 1:17 pm
SG18 wrote:
How did you make the appointment? We had to email the documents listed here and bring them in with us
https://embassies.gov.il/new-y......aspx

thank you ! you are so helpful

. so yes I made the appointment on that website, so now I printed the forms and list of things to bring

2 questions;

1- who told you that you need to email the documents before?
2- can I just notarize their birth certificates? what is an apostille?

thank you so so much!

SG18

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 2:53 pm
1- There were no appointments available to be scheduled, so I emailed to schedule. I'm not sure who told me, but I wanted to make sure we had everything correct- it was time sensitive, because we needed it for Aliyah, so I didn't want to have to make another appointment if we were missing something

2- No, you need an Apostile. You get it from the county the birth certificate was issued in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 3:03 pm
SG18 wrote:
1- There were no appointments available to be scheduled, so I emailed to schedule. I'm not sure who told me, but I wanted to make sure we had everything correct- it was time sensitive, because we needed it for Aliyah, so I didn't want to have to make another appointment if we were missing something

2- No, you need an Apostile. You get it from the county the birth certificate was issued in.

Ty!
1- do u still have that email address and can u pls post

2-whst is an apposile?

SG18

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 3:24 pm
1- consular.services@newyork.mfa.gov.il
2- Info about apostilles can be found here: https://www.nbn.org.il/making-.....ents/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries