Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Housewarming gift

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:49 pm
I'm looking for ideas for a house warming gift for my newlywed BIL and SIL.

She doesn't like flowers or plants. It's a small house so nothing that takes up too much space or would clutter.

For friends in a similar situation I bought a nice tiered serving dish, but I already knew they would like it as they had admired my similar one several times. I don't know what new SIL has or needs in the way of kitchenware.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:52 pm
Something to hang on the wall? Jewish artwork? Those gold plate things?

I know I had bare walls for years and years until I made my own artwork or bought some stuff.

TBW

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:55 pm
A beautiful mezuzah case, you don't even have to get a klaf. Everyone can use one, especially when moving someplace with more doors than before Smile and if they don't like it they can hang it in a room in the back of the house or basement where it won't be on display

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:56 pm
Gift cert at home good store

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:57 pm
Bircas habayis from waterdale. Outdoor grill or fire pit.

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:57 pm
air diffuser
nice bathroom towels

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 1:00 pm
Ask them what they could use. Best would be a gift certificate to a home/gift store in their area.

Some ideas- Umbrella stand, magazine rack, cake plate and dome, Reed diffuser, nice Benchers set.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 1:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm looking for ideas for a house warming gift for my newlywed BIL and SIL.

She doesn't like flowers or plants. It's a small house so nothing that takes up too much space or would clutter.

For friends in a similar situation I bought a nice tiered serving dish, but I already knew they would like it as they had admired my similar one several times. I don't know what new SIL has or needs in the way of kitchenware.

Someone mentioned these in another thread, and I now have no clue what I did before them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....;th=1

That said, its difficult to gauge others' taste, so maybe not. What about tea sampler set.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 1:59 pm
Thank you for all the replies!

I should have said before that I'm not in the US and it's a very small 2 bed apartment with a kitchenette rather than a separate kitchen and no outdoor area.

I thought about asking them what they wanted but we did the same for a wedding gift because they didn't register anywhere. I think they didn't really know what to ask for and also felt a bit uncomfortable. I also think they're not really expecting a gift so they'd probably say not to worry about it, but I'd like to take a gift when we go.

There isn't really a home/ gift store here aside from Ikea, otherwise I like the idea of a gift voucher.

Lovable

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 2:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for all the replies!

I should have said before that I'm not in the US and it's a very small 2 bed apartment with a kitchenette rather than a separate kitchen and no outdoor area.

I thought about asking them what they wanted but we did the same for a wedding gift because they didn't register anywhere. I think they didn't really know what to ask for and also felt a bit uncomfortable. I also think they're not really expecting a gift so they'd probably say not to worry about it, but I'd like to take a gift when we go.

There isn't really a home/ gift store here aside from Ikea, otherwise I like the idea of a gift voucher.

I think a birchas habayis plaque is pretty safe

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 2:36 pm
Name plaque for their door? Hebrew name engraving

tichellady

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 3:02 pm
I would not give art. Too personal. I would ask and give a few choices if she says she can’t think of anything: tea set, new tablecloth, new board game for the family, new cookbook, milk frother, pretty pitcher, cozy sofa blanket

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 3:33 pm
Silver salt shaker

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 7:33 pm
clock

mezuzzahs

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:13 am
You can also make them a nice salad and bring it over next time they invite you in a beautiful bowl with nice serving spoon set. Or something baked in a pretty oven dish.
Those things are always useful even if she has one already.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:45 am
Did they send you any pictures? Maybe you can match up a fur throw for their couch. A clock that would coordinate with their kitchen (with an easel in case they don't want to hang it). A new challah cover. Or just send a box of pretty chocolates.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:47 am
Nice set of bath towels
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics