Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Laundry room between 2 bedrooms - too noisy?

bargainlover

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 7:49 pm
Anyone have this setup, does it wake the kids? Thanks!

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 7:55 pm
All depends on your machine. Mine is quiet till it spins, and then it’s like a jet revving up for takeoff. I won’t do laundry till the occupant of the adjacent room is awake, and I stop at 9 pm because we have downstairs neighbors. My neighbor has a machine so silent she can talk on the phone in the same room even during the spin cycle.

missknowitall

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 7:58 pm
I have this set up and when I close the door to the laundry room it's really not loud. My kids do have noise machines too and with them on they hear nothing.

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 8:00 pm
I have an upstairs laundry room. I sandwiched it between the children’s bathroom and master bathroom. Cuts down on the noise. Can’t hear when the machine stops even if I am listening if I close all doors and turn off the signal.

Last edited by BatyaEsther on Tue, Dec 14 2021, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 8:31 pm
Ours is next to the bedroom and it's not too quiet. We don't run it after 9 pm because we don't want to bother the downstair's neighbor

happytobemom

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 10:01 pm
I have a big laundry closet right in the middle of my hallway between the bedrooms. Makes noise, but I try to keep the doors closed. Never had an issue. I do all my laundry at night.

SingALong

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 10:08 pm
My laundry room is on the second floor but on one side is the stairs, and other is a bathroom. Closest Bedroom Is 5 ft away across the hall. My spin is pretty quiet, I do laundry any time, even if kids are asleep. But if it would be right up against a bedroom id prop baby lay refrain at night. Can you get extra soundproofing insulation for laundry room walls?

Most importantly is the only way into the laundry room through a bedroom? Or there’s a door from the hallway? I wouldn’t do access only through the bedroom.

naturelover

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 10:11 pm
If you do it, insulate the walls really well....it really made a difference for me.

bargainlover

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 10:17 pm
happytobemom wrote:
I have a big laundry closet right in the middle of my hallway between the bedrooms. Makes noise, but I try to keep the doors closed. Never had an issue. I do all my laundry at night.

Sounds similar to my setup that I’d like to create. Is yours big enough to have drying racks open inside?

bargainlover

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 10:17 pm
SingALong wrote:
My laundry room is on the second floor but on one side is the stairs, and other is a bathroom. Closest Bedroom Is 5 ft away across the hall. My spin is pretty quiet, I do laundry any time, even if kids are asleep. But if it would be right up against a bedroom id prop baby lay refrain at night. Can you get extra soundproofing insulation for laundry room walls?

Most importantly is the only way into the laundry room through a bedroom? Or there’s a door from the hallway? I wouldn’t do access only through the bedroom.

There will be a door from the hallway
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry