Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Advice of how a boy can progress in dating

balibusta

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 11:50 pm
Advice date 5 to progress step it up..

balibusta

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 11:53 pm
For yeshivish btw

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 11:58 pm
balibusta wrote:
Advice date 5 to progress step it up..

I haven't dated in many years.. Not do I know if anything has changed since I did date so I can be totally off target here.
But has he covered any topics that pertain to future? Cus that would be a good start.
And... We had a good time when I actually planned one fun date. My now husband got to see a creative side in me - and instead of running the show he was so relaxed and we had a great time and had great natural conversations.
Maybe he can suggest she come up with a date and he will have a lot more to talk about and get to know her based on what she comes up with. Can be really fun!

play doe

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 2:13 am
Shaya Ostrov's book, The Inner Circle- 7 Gates to Marriage, has amazing ideas for moving things along in dating.

imasinger

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 7:18 am
Where is the shadchan? Sometimes, they can help both sides.

mazelandbracha

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 8:25 am
A good thing to do is to share something personal. He needs to open up to her, and share his feelings,so it helps to talk about something he cares deeply about. It’s hard to give examples, but something he would confide in his best friend, or his Rav. A Rav he is close to can help him with this.

climbing613

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 8:44 am
mazelandbracha wrote:
A good thing to do is to share something personal. He needs to open up to her, and share his feelings,so it helps to talk about something he cares deeply about. It’s hard to give examples, but something he would confide in his best friend, or his Rav. A Rav he is close to can help him with this.

Agreed. They need to open up the conversation more. Come up with a few of these comments/topics. Think about anything she has said that would allow him to take the conversation a step further. Opinions, passions, a time when something was difficult and how they came through...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics