Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Family wedding what about toddlers?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 8:16 pm
What do I do with my 1.5and 2.5yr olds? I wld want them for pics but that's all. Do I need to leave the wedding to drive them home since no high school girls in my city drive? I don't want to miss the wedding plus I'll be in a gown and pettycoat etc

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 8:18 pm
Can you find a post sem girl to do it?

amother
RosePink

You or your husband need to drive them home or you need to find someone to pick them up.

amother
Plum

Leave them home the entire wedding unless it’s a sibling of yours

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 8:20 pm
It's a sibling of my husband so won't make him leave to drive them..which post sem wants to babysit sunday night till 12? Having lots of trouble

SG18

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 8:20 pm
I wouldn't bring them, if they won't be okay for the whole wedding. It'll be a big hassle, for not much payoff.

simba

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 8:21 pm
Have your babysitter come with you to the wedding and send them home in a cab when your done with pics.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 8:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's a sibling of my husband so won't make him leave to drive them..which post sem wants to babysit sunday night till 12? Having lots of trouble

Ah I hear. Can you ask a friend to drive them? It sounds nuts for you to drive them home in your gown.

I would say even a single guy (my husband for sure has friends that would totally do it) but I could imagine that being awkward for the HS girl when he gets to your house.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 8:23 pm
Can you get a baby sitter to come to the wedding, and drive her home after? I’ve done this at weddings before. If my kids needed to go to sleep, either the baby sitter or I did it.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 8:42 pm
When it's been a wedding on my side, someone from dhs family babysat, on his side, someone from my family babysat. There have also been a few instances where the wedding was at a hotel and I had a sitter come to the hotel and I booked a room for her and the kids to be in for the evening.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 8:47 pm
When my brother in law got married a few minutes drive from my house I left the wedding immediately after the badeken and was back in middle of the chuppa. No one even noticed I was gone.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 8:54 pm
My friend was super gracious. She offered to come to the reception and then take my little one home for the night.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 9:05 pm
I drove my babysitter home in my gown and petticoat. Also went to the ATM like that to pay her. Not great but didn’t have another choice.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 9:10 pm
Good to hear that I'm not the only one who needs to do this..no better option for me. I don't have any family nearby

Fave

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 9:14 pm
Honestly, I wouldn’t bring kids under 3-4 to a wedding, even just for the pics.

Toddlers are usually overwhelmed at weddings and are not very cooperative. Even if they do behave, it’s just not worth the hassle. The photographer is busy with the entire wedding party and won’t have the time and patience to give your young family much attention.

For the amount you’ll save on not getting wedding wear for them, you can splurge on a private photo shoot that will be centered around your kids.

Your night will be much smoother if you can leave your kids home in their pj’s with a sitter.
Mazel Tov!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 9:35 pm
Fave wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn’t bring kids under 3-4 to a wedding, even just for the pics.

Toddlers are usually overwhelmed at weddings and are not very cooperative. Even if they do behave, it’s just not worth the hassle. The photographer is busy with the entire wedding party and won’t have the time and patience to give your young family much attention.

For the amount you’ll save on not getting wedding wear for them, you can splurge on a private photo shoot that will be centered around your kids.

Your night will be much smoother if you can leave your kids home in their pj’s with a sitter.
Mazel Tov!

Best idea.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 9:51 pm
Some people set up pack n plays in a dressing room.

After pics, Mom gets kids in PJs and helps them settle down.

Babysitter watches kids in the dressing room as they sleep.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 9:54 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Some people set up pack n plays in a dressing room.

After pics, Mom gets kids in PJs and helps them settle down.

Babysitter watches kids in the dressing room as they sleep.

I did this. Let him run around til he was super exhausted (maybe 8pm) then he fell asleep in the stroller in a very dark family room. 24 months old.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:12 pm
Bring a teenager to babysit in the hall until you want to send them home. If you wait until after the chupa, you can ask someone (prior to the wedding) only invited to the chupa to drive your kids and the babysitter to your house.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:28 pm
I took my toddlers to 2 weddings. (MIL insisted that I bring them) I promised myself they are not going to any weddings until they are at least 8 years old. It's not fair to anyone, the kids or the parents. Settle them down with a babysitter at home. Go to a photographer with your gown and dressed up kids the next week.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics