Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
10 year old jewish girl groped in bp
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 12:01 pm
BOROUGH PARK (WABC) -- A 10-year-old girl was allegedly groped by a man on a Borough Park, Brooklyn, street -- and then helped responding police pick out her attacker.

The Orthodox Jewish girl was allegedly attacked by a man asking her for directions on 44th Street, near 10th Avenue, at around 8:30 p.m. last night. The child says the man groped several parts of her body and then ran away.

Eyewitness News is told the girl reported the attack to police. She drove around the neighborhood with the officers and spotted the suspect about a block away.

The suspect, 23-year-old Julio Sanchez, who lives nearby, was arrested. Police say he was charged with aggravated s-xual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.[/b]

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 1:43 pm
crazy world ... I think they should start castrating parts off of those who cannot control themselves ... sick - very sick Puke Puke

gamekeeper

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 2:29 pm
dh was in BP last week for a wedding. on shabbos a 'chissidish' looking man told one of the little boys at shul to come with him downstairs to another 'awesome' shul. the boy followed the guy. downstairs the guy started kissing him all over and asked him if he has tendencies toward men... the kid ran back up for help! the brother in laws took care of it! how crazy is that!

I agree with you about the castration green!!! Salut

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 2:31 pm
I feel very bad now.

Gamekeeper are you sure it's true?? it's so sick. And as if the kid would know what tendency towards the men means.... it's so incredible.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 2:32 pm
oh, and another voice for castration

gamekeeper

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 2:37 pm
yeah the boy is my sister in laws brother...

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 2:38 pm
Sad

shayna82

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 4:57 pm
interesting, his name dosnt sound jewish

how sad!!!! right in boro park in a popular area, when not even that dark out...

Crayon210

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 5:27 pm
Castration is against halacha.

Also, I believe there was a study done in which they found that castration didn't help matters. Confused

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 5:42 pm
Crayon is right. Castration doesn't stop predators. These days, there is chemical castration (done through injections) but the predators still have violent impulses.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 6:07 pm
well then they should be locked up after the castration !!!

Crayon210

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 6:19 pm
Even though it is against halacha? Confused

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 6:21 pm
I wonder what people would say if it were their child. I would be more inclined to murder than castration. Hmmm...maybe both. And I know, DEF against halacha.

Crayon210

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 6:27 pm
I wasn't approaching this discussion from a "personal" point of view, rather theoretically. Confused

Raizle

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 6:29 pm
crayon is it only against halacha for a yid to do it or for anyone?

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 6:30 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
I wonder what people would say if it were their child. I would be more inclined to murder than castration. Hmmm...maybe both. And I know, DEF against halacha.

I was trying to avoid the murder ... yet I would be right behind you ... Shooting Arrow

Crayon210

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 6:33 pm
According to wikipedia, it's one of the Sheva mitzvos. LOL I will try BN to find a more reliable source.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 6:33 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
I think we can all agree that if somebody caused harm to our children, we'd want the man to be tortured and killed. But real life isn't like that. Castration isn't an acceptable punishment. Incarceration is always a possibility, preferably along with intensive therapy. Death penalty won't happen. So that's where we are.

We all start by agreeing that our young children won't be outside alone, faced with possible danger. We try to teach them about how to handle situations that might put them in danger. We look out for other kids when we're out and about, to help if necessary instead of avoiding situations because it's not our kid.

The castration talk, I assume, was an emotional reaction to a situation that we find so reprehensible that we'd happily fantasize about stringing somebody up by the you-know-whats to punish them, even though we know that won't happen and it's not the solution.

note: I'm pondering why a poster mentioned that the molester's name doesn't sound Jewish. I think we can all assume he's not Jewish. What did that comment mean?

justanothermother

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 6:37 pm
I was recently reading that the Supreme Court is considering the death penalty for child rape.

http://www.reuters.com/article.....80413

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 6:48 pm
ask loretta bobbit ... What
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics