Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Full bedding for 48 inch beds? Does it work?

little neshamala

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 1:54 pm
My room has just enough space to make one of our 48 inch beds a full. I really want to make mine a full, but that would mean buying bedding for one 48 inch bed and one full. Which I assume I can do at a frum store...
But I was just wondering if its possible to get full sized bedding from a non Jewish place...I can find better prices, and theres a bigger selection. Can you put full sized bedding on a 48 inch bed? I wouldnt do it if it would mean the fitted sheet would become all puffy...I would want it to look nice. Im just thinking maybe the extra 3 inches on each side of the bed wouldnt make much difference...

Anyone have experience with this?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:05 pm
I did try that at one point, and it wasn't terrible really.

mfb

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:07 pm
I’ve bought full sheets with all around rubber and it works for my 48” bed

sub

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:11 pm
Use something like this

I use this for all bedding. Especially little kids who tend to be restless sleepers.

naturelover

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:17 pm
My 48" mattress has a pillow top. I use full sheets and it works well.

sky

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:18 pm
sub wrote:
Use something like this

I use this for all bedding. Especially little kids who tend to be restless sleepers.

It looks like such a pain. Especially toe a heavy mattress in a corner of the room. I can’t imagine.

sub

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:21 pm
sky wrote:
It looks like such a pain. Especially toe a heavy mattress in a corner of the room. I can’t imagine.

I have heavy mattresses. It’s worth it.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:22 pm
I’ve had one full and one 48” at one point and we used full size linen and it worked well.

iluvy

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:28 pm
I always use full-size linen so I can buy cheap from Target etc. I just pull the sheets tight under the mattress. I put the fitted sheet on one bed and the flat sheet on the other so I only need to buy one set.

little neshamala

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:45 pm
sub wrote:
Use something like this

Ive never seen this, thank you

little neshamala

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:47 pm
naturelover wrote:
My 48" mattress has a pillow top. I use full sheets and it works well.

So im actually planning on buying a pillowtop mattress! Didnt think that would make a difference but every inch can help I guess...

little neshamala

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:48 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I’ve had one full and one 48” at one point and we used full size linen and it worked well.

Thank you! In my head I just picture it ballooning, but looks like I should give it a try

HonesttoGod

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 9:19 pm
I only use full linen on my 48” beds. Fitted sheets stay on and I nevr have any issues.

preciousmommy

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 11:05 pm
I have 48 inch mattresses and have always bought full linen sets. My mattresses are pretty thick and it works just fine.

pause

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 11:13 pm
OT but where do you find nice linen that's not from Jewish stores? Can anyone link to bedding they have that they are happy with?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars