Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Custom closet

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 1:55 pm
Anyone know who would build a custom closet in a master bedroom?

simba

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 1:59 pm
A closet guy. Literally.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:05 pm
If you're hoping to get a recommendation, you might want to say where you live.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 11:38 pm
Brooklyn, NY

Amarante

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 11:45 pm
You can go to a store like The Container Store and look at their closet systems. There are also companies like California Closet.

What kind of services are you looking for? When I remodeled I had the interior of my closets done and I worked with a designer to figure out how much hanging space - how much shelf space - how much long hanging space as opposed to having double rods. I also had a relatively small bureau built in by the entrance to the master bath which is extremely functional for underwear, leggings etc. and the bureau has shelving above that.

I also have a bureau and an armoire and my closets aren't walk in so that influenced how I configured the closets.

The most critical part is figuring out how you want your closets to be configured. It is amazing how stressful it is when you have a blank slate to do anything you want (within reason of course) versus having spent your life making the space "work".

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 3:26 am
Topline closets, very happy with them, you can check them out on Instagram

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 6:28 am
Amarante wrote:
You can go to a store like The Container Store and look at their closet systems. There are also companies like California Closet.

What kind of services are you looking for? When I remodeled I had the interior of my closets done and I worked with a designer to figure out how much hanging space - how much shelf space - how much long hanging space as opposed to having double rods. I also had a relatively small bureau built in by the entrance to the master bath which is extremely functional for underwear, leggings etc. and the bureau has shelving above that.

I also have a bureau and an armoire and my closets aren't walk in so that influenced how I configured the closets.

The most critical part is figuring out how you want your closets to be configured. It is amazing how stressful it is when you have a blank slate to do anything you want (within reason of course) versus having spent your life making the space "work".

What would the price range be for a custom walk in closet with all the bells And whistles - including customizing the heights of the hanging and shelving spaces according to the user's height..

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 10:25 am
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
What would the price range be for a custom walk in closet with all the bells And whistles - including customizing the heights of the hanging and shelving spaces according to the user's height..

That is impossible since it is like asking what the price of a dress is or a car.

You can build a closet using materials that are inexpensive or very expensive. You can construct a closet using stuff from IKEA which will provide you with a very functional closet or you can have a closet that uses high end finishes - and there is everything in between.

When I looked at closets there was one that had a system like a dry cleaner to make it easier to utilize the highest parts for those who have very tall ceilings. LOL

Go to a store that sells closet systems - better still is go to several. Call up California Closets (or similar) and you will get a sense of what you can get for your budget. You can hire someone fairly easily to install an off the shelf system from IKEA or from the Container Store (for example) or you can have a wood working company build and install one that is built according to your design.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 8:17 pm
Thank you to those who provided recommendations

Goldlover

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 1:48 pm
Ive done with moduler closets.com very affordable and great service

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 1:51 pm
Amarante wrote:
That is impossible since it is like asking what the price of a dress is or a car.

You can build a closet using materials that are inexpensive or very expensive. You can construct a closet using stuff from IKEA which will provide you with a very functional closet or you can have a closet that uses high end finishes - and there is everything in between.

When I looked at closets there was one that had a system like a dry cleaner to make it easier to utilize the highest parts for those who have very tall ceilings. LOL

Go to a store that sells closet systems - better still is go to several. Call up California Closets (or similar) and you will get a sense of what you can get for your budget. You can hire someone fairly easily to install an off the shelf system from IKEA or from the Container Store (for example) or you can have a wood working company build and install one that is built according to your design.

I meant it when I said all the bells and whistles.
Someone told me it can cost 100k. Is that accurate?

Not ikea or container store... good quality wood.

(The reason I think its not comparable to a 100k kitchen is because a kitchen requires marble/granite/stone and a closet wouldn't... what do you think?)

Amarante

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 2:13 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
I meant it when I said all the bells and whistles.
Someone told me it can cost 100k. Is that accurate?

Not ikea or container store... good quality wood.

(The reason I think its not comparable to a 100k kitchen is because a kitchen requires marble/granite/stone and a closet wouldn't... what do you think?)

Yes it is conceivable as I love to look at over the top real estate listings where the closets are the size of a large bedroom and are fitted with glass front cabinets and marble topped islands and chandeliers. I have no doubt these cost in excess of $100,000 but most people don’t have a closet like this anymore than most people don’t drive a Bentley.

https://people.com/style/heath.....90105

But these are in homes that have kitchens costing $500,000.

Here is a three story closet with a champagne bar

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/0......html

BayMom

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:50 pm
Contour-a-Closet does great work. 877-664-7722. Good luck!

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 12:21 pm
[Removed - mod]

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 4:10 pm
Can someone recommend a company that does custom closets in Monsey that they were happy with?
And I understand that there's a huge range, but any approximation of what a master closet cost is like (just mine Wink his came already done by previous owner)

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 4:20 pm
I used topline closets, very reasonable prices and great work 732-3523811
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics