Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Are you honest at HS PTA?
Previous  1  2

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 3:46 am
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:

Every once in a while, I wished that the girl wasn't there so I could address an issue that might be uncomfortable for her.

My students come to PTA. After having a discussion with both about her progress, I ask the student politely to wait outside while we finish up. Then I keep it short and follow up with the parent by phone if needed.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 3:49 am
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
My students come to PTA. After having a discussion with both about her progress, I ask the student politely to wait outside while we finish up. Then I keep it short and follow up with the parent by phone if needed.

I just called the parents the next day. I think it's awkward to stand outside while people are talking about you.

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 3:52 am
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
I just called the parents the next day. I think it's awkward to stand outside while people are talking about you.

I hear you. Since lots of kids are there, they usually just schmooze with their classmates in line but everyone has to do what works for them.

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 10:42 pm
What I think is that PTA is a time for nachas only. If there were issues with a student, they should've been discussed before. At pta you can mention if the student improved, if they're still lagging or whatever.
In High School? for sure, only say the good stuff to the mother. Why else would she come to PTA?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics