Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Has anyone bought a home from abroad?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 1:24 pm
Would really like to know how the process was, what you wish you could have done differently, what worked out perfectly. We are really interested in buying, especially hearing that the Israeli housing market is hot right now. We have 3 areas that we’ve been to pre-covid times that we’d be more than happy to settle in when the time comes for us to make Aliyah and (hopefully) enough to purchase something outright.

Anything insights you can give would be very much appreciated! Thank you!!

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 2:01 pm
Not sure if buying from abroad is such a good idea. In any event I'd strongly suggest having someone in Israel, whom you know and trust, who is not connected to either the seller or the real estate agent, to physically go and look first hand at any houses you are interested in. That person even could go through with a camera and film and comment everything live.

If it is a house you plan to live in and not just an investment, make sure it is in a community/neighborhood that fits your hashkafa and lifestyle.

grace413

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 2:10 pm
Are you talking about buying from blueprints or buying an already existing place?

You will definitely need a lawyer, either way. If you are buying something existing you'll also need to hire an inspector.

Things that may or may not be important to you outside the actual apartment: distance from bus stop/makolet/school/gan/parks, parking. Amount of steps involved from all those places to the apartment. Plans for new construction nearby that may affect your building.

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 2:24 pm
I have several friends who are RE agents and they are constantly selling to clients from abroad, many times sight unseen.

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 2:43 pm
If you are in the 5T area, Brooklyn or Queens , there is a real estate seminar in the Young Israel of Lawrence Cedarhurst tonight at 7:30

mommyernst

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 3:14 pm
My husband is the most honest agent in Ramat Bet Shemesh and has sold to people abroad. He would be willing to discuss this with you. Whatsapp him at +972586366107, name is Rob. Hatzlacha

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 11:27 pm
we recently did this. If you can post an email address, I can email you an article I wrote with the details.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions