Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Anaphylactic allergies
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 3:39 pm
My daughter is anaphylactic to dairy. As a teen it is only getting worse. I went to 3 natural doctors each helped with something else. One got rid of all her allergies except dairy, another couldn't help her but helped cure my other daughters eczema (combination of 2 doctors) and another dr got rid of my younger daughters anaphylactic allergies (dairy, wheat, eggs - year long commitment with travel but bH successful) but couldn't help this daughter. He did get rid of her asthma though. I am willing to travel anywhere to help cure this allergy. I know the right doctor and shaliach can do it because I've seen it happen. Generally the doctors I tried used trigger point therapy, acupuncture, vitamins...but clearly each doctor has their own "chush".
Anyone have any leads?

allgood

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 3:59 pm
I have been to 2 different allergists that both offered a program that was supposed to help the body decrease the reaction to the allergen. They both specified that it wouldnt get rid of the allergy but it would help decrease the risk connected to it. They give small micro dosage in their office under observation and then if the child is okay and reaction free I think they give you exact amount that you need to give daily. From what I understand it's a slow and steady process and requires frequent office visits.

If you let us know where you are located maybe someone can help suggest an allergist that offers this.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 4:06 pm
allgood wrote:
I have been to 2 different allergists that both offered a program that was supposed to help the body decrease the reaction to the allergen. They both specified that it wouldnt get rid of the allergy but it would help decrease the risk connected to it. They give small micro dosage in their office under observation and then if the child is okay and reaction free I think they give you exact amount that you need to give daily. From what I understand it's a slow and steady process and requires frequent office visits.

If you let us know where you are located maybe someone can help suggest an allergist that offers this.

Thanks I'm in nj but the problem is she is so highly allergic even to touch that I was told this method can't be used. There was even a trial experiment but she didn't qualify because she can't tolerate a minute amount in a baked item.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 4:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks I'm in nj but the problem is she is so highly allergic even to touch that I was told this method can't be used. There was even a trial experiment but she didn't qualify because she can't tolerate a minute amount in a baked item.

She can't tolerate touching a minute amount in a baked item?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 4:26 pm
Homeopathy
NAET or Bioset (similar ideas)
Add in daily digestive enzymes in general

You are in the right direction already. Good luck!

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 4:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter is anaphylactic to dairy. As a teen it is only getting worse. I went to 3 natural doctors each helped with something else. One got rid of all her allergies except dairy, another couldn't help her but helped cure my other daughters eczema (combination of 2 doctors) and another dr got rid of my younger daughters anaphylactic allergies (dairy, wheat, eggs - year long commitment with travel but bH successful) but couldn't help this daughter. He did get rid of her asthma though. I am willing to travel anywhere to help cure this allergy. I know the right doctor and shaliach can do it because I've seen it happen. Generally the doctors I tried used trigger point therapy, acupuncture, vitamins...but clearly each doctor has their own "chush".
Anyone have any leads?

Is is possible to share on how the doctor got rid off the other allergies aside from dairy. Was it just immunotherapy of small amounts of the items she was allergic to or did your children take something homeopathic? Did the asthma just go away with food allergies or did the doctor give something ?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 4:46 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Is is possible to share on how the doctor got rid off the other allergies aside from dairy. Was it just immunotherapy of small amounts of the items she was allergic to or did your children take something homeopathic? Did the asthma just go away with food allergies or did the doctor give something ?

The other food allergies (she couldn't tolerate most foods) was treated with trigger point therapy 3x a week for a long time (don't remember exactly but was costly and long she was 2 years old then)

Asthma was treat for years by a dr in florida with acupuncture, we were hoping for allergy to be gone but grateful at least asthma was completely cured bH.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 4:48 pm
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
Homeopathy
NAET or Bioset (similar ideas)
Add in daily digestive enzymes in general

You are in the right direction already. Good luck!

Can you give me more specific details?
Someone mentioned socal food allergies in South California but haven't heard any info about them other than their website which boasts 99% success rate and that has me wondering....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 2:07 am
Anyone hear of socal? Its in souther California? Sounds very pricey would love a real review on it.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:27 am
This thread is really scaring me. If your DD is really that allergic, she should be seen by a top level allergist, maybe even at the Mayo Clinic or something. It's nothing to be played around with.

I hope you carry an epi pen at all times, or even two. Sometimes the first pen only works for a minute, and then things get even worse if there isn't a second dose. Ideally the paramedics should be the ones to evaluate if a second dose is needed, but if they don't get there in time you may not have a choice.

DD has the same severity of allergy to eggplant. She can't be anywhere in a room, not even a big simcha hall, if there is even a tiny big of cooked eggplant in the air. Her throat will close up almost immediately. (As a matter of fact, as she gets older she's also starting to have mild reactions to tomatoes and bell peppers, which are in the same biological family.)

If there is a simcha with eggplant dip, someone has to quickly get her a plate of food, and bring it to her outside where she can eat it on the steps. Usually she just doesn't even go to events anymore, because the dip is such a common part of the seudah.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:53 am
I don't mean to scare you maybe I wasn't clear. Yes rest assured she is seen by doctors, has epipens, prednisone, nebulizer/inhalers, and benadryl... my hope is to find a natural alternative that can help cure her since the medical world cannot. I have seen my younger daughter get cured and wish the same for her. I haven't heard many stories of this happening, but I do know that some people (dh brother included as a teenager) have "outgrown" these allergies sometimes with the help of natural doctors. Just figured I'd tap into the imamother community and see if there is anyone that had an experience that helped their child overcome their allergy or lessened the reaction, because what scares me is that she is anaphylactic. While yes, I have family members close to 60living with this condition. I am hoping against all odds that in today's modern world of medicine/natural, Hashem sends a shliach to help out children. Supposedly this SoCal has helped thousands of children, I am just not sure I believe their own reviews without hearing from others. Allergies is a very lonely and scary journey and as a mother I want to leave no stone unturned. So I do hope if anyone had success or has a story they would share it.
Thanks

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't mean to scare you maybe I wasn't clear. Yes rest assured she is seen by doctors, has epipens, prednisone, nebulizer/inhalers, and benadryl... my hope is to find a natural alternative that can help cure her since the medical world cannot. I have seen my younger daughter get cured and wish the same for her. I haven't heard many stories of this happening, but I do know that some people (dh brother included as a teenager) have "outgrown" these allergies sometimes with the help of natural doctors. Just figured I'd tap into the imamother community and see if there is anyone that had an experience that helped their child overcome their allergy or lessened the reaction, because what scares me is that she is anaphylactic. While yes, I have family members close to 60living with this condition. I am hoping against all odds that in today's modern world of medicine/natural, Hashem sends a shliach to help out children. Supposedly this SoCal has helped thousands of children, I am just not sure I believe their own reviews without hearing from others. Allergies is a very lonely and scary journey and as a mother I want to leave no stone unturned. So I do hope if anyone had success or has a story they would share it.
Thanks

I am amazed you were able to find the right shliach to cure your childs allergies and athsma. My children have allergies too, and one with athsma and I thought this is just part of the life and we have to deal with it. Can you share who you used for allergies and athsma?

Thank You

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone hear of socal? Its in souther California? Sounds very pricey would love a real review on it.

I was considering it for my child. I was already at the top of the waiting list and could've started in September. Unfortunately, I cannot afford it right now and since my child has lots of allergies and other medical issues, we would've been part of the program for a few years, equaling thousands of dollars.
If your insurance covers their services, it ends up being only a couple of thousand per year. And there are organizations that can cover the cost of travel.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:09 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
I was considering it for my child. I was already at the top of the waiting list and could've started in September. Unfortunately, I cannot afford it right now and since my child has lots of allergies and other medical issues, we would've been part of the program for a few years, equaling thousands of dollars.
If your insurance covers their services, it ends up being only a couple of thousand per year. And there are organizations that can cover the cost of travel.

A few years? Wow! I didn't realize that. They cover all travels? I doubt my insurance would cover this. How many thousands are we talking about 5 or 10 or more? Did you hear from anyone who tried it?
Thanks!

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:19 am
I would like to add that my pre-teen has an anaphylactic dairy allergy and it is just so hard and frightening. I daven to Hashem each day for my child to stay safe.

SashaT

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We travel to SoCal with my son. It is costly, difficult and time consuming, but it has been life changing for us. My son has a severe dairy allergy among others.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A few years? Wow! I didn't realize that. They cover all travels? I doubt my insurance would cover this. How many thousands are we talking about 5 or 10 or more? Did you hear from anyone who tried it?
Thanks!

Not everyone needs a few years. You probably won't if you're going for a single allergen. If your insurance covers most things, about $4000 a year. Otherwise, about $16000? I don't remember exactly but you can call them, they were very helpful on the phone.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:31 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
This thread is really scaring me. If your DD is really that allergic, she should be seen by a top level allergist, maybe even at the Mayo Clinic or something. It's nothing to be played around with.

I hope you carry an epi pen at all times, or even two. Sometimes the first pen only works for a minute, and then things get even worse if there isn't a second dose. Ideally the paramedics should be the ones to evaluate if a second dose is needed, but if they don't get there in time you may not have a choice.

DD has the same severity of allergy to eggplant. She can't be anywhere in a room, not even a big simcha hall, if there is even a tiny big of cooked eggplant in the air. Her throat will close up almost immediately. (As a matter of fact, as she gets older she's also starting to have mild reactions to tomatoes and bell peppers, which are in the same biological family.)

If there is a simcha with eggplant dip, someone has to quickly get her a plate of food, and bring it to her outside where she can eat it on the steps. Usually she just doesn't even go to events anymore, because the dip is such a common part of the seudah.

Eggplants? Tomatoes? Peppers?

She's lucky she doesn't live in Israel anymore. She wouldn't be able to go anywhere.

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:53 am
Did you try NAET?
We did it for 2 kids. One for food allergies and one for asthma. We stopped for personal reasons (moving out of state didn't help as there are no good NAET practitioners where I live now. The closest one with extensive training is hours away) but we were able to eliminate one of the food allergies my son has. His other ones were very manageable.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:41 am
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
I would like to add that my pre-teen has an anaphylactic dairy allergy and it is just so hard and frightening. I daven to Hashem each day for my child to stay safe.

I am with you, it is so frightening and my daughter, as a teen, recognizes the extent of it as well. Hashem should give them all shmirah and refuah
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics