Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Did you order appliances recently? Have a few ?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 6:53 am
Did you pay the price the store said, or is it common to ask for a discount? Need for new kitchen so a lot of money....
Do all stores in Lakewood have same pricing?
Did you pay for extended warranties?

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:03 am
Paid the price the store said. They don’t give discounts, at least not the big stores like Town. Ask them when’s a good time to buy ie Black Friday.

And yes we did extended warranties

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:05 am
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:
Paid the price the store said. They don’t give discounts, at least not the big stores like Town. Ask them when’s a good time to buy ie Black Friday.

And yes we did extended warranties

Thanks! She told me that the appliances I wanted didn’t have a Black Friday sale so I didn’t rush to get them then

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:25 am
I bought them July 4th so it was discounted and 2 items had rebates in them. Did not do any extended warranty. My mom had enough experience with them that they almost always had excuses why she couldn’t use the warranty (normal wear and tear etc) that I didn’t think it was worth it. And had no money for it!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:31 am
There’s a small store on swathmore that sells floor models from town appliance for a little less. We bought our fridge and dishwasher from them.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:40 am
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
There’s a small store on swathmore that sells floor models from town appliance for a little less. We bought our fridge and dishwasher from them.

Thanks! I checked them out, but they didn’t have what I needed
I did get a dishwasher from them a few years ago and it was a great price and worked perfect

small bean

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:44 am
If it is a GE appliance, do the warranty.

I bought a fridge a little over a year ago that has doubled in price since. My fridge broke and GE replaced after trying to fix.

I bought the fridge at Town, they gave me a loaner fridge and walked me through the replacement. They stood behind my purchase and walked me through the process. I would buy from them again.

Appliances right now are through the roof and I dont see them going back down anytime soon.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:57 am
Order early.
There is massive shortage of appliances. I know ppl waiting to move bec they can’t get it.
Prices are through the roof. Way less discounts.
Warranty companies for some reason have also become a pain to deal with. Just had an bad experience and sounds like it may become the new norm.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:04 am
small bean wrote:

I bought a fridge a little over a year ago that has doubled in price since. My fridge broke and GE replaced after trying to fix.

I bought the fridge at Town, they gave me a loaner fridge and walked me through the replacement. They stood behind my purchase and walked me through the process. I would buy from them again.

Appliances right now are through the roof and I dont see them going back down anytime soon.

Wow! I am getting mostly GE appliances so I’ll definitely get the warranty

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:06 am
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
Order early.
There is massive shortage of appliances. I know ppl waiting to move bec they can’t get it.
Prices are through the roof. Way less discounts.
Warranty companies for some reason have also become a pain to deal with. Just had an bad experience and sounds like it may become the new norm.

I am ordering early, I heard there’s crazy shortages!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:18 am
When I moved 4 years ago, I really was very tight (moving is expensive!) I had to replace all the appliances in my kitchen (for Kashrus reasons) and B"H, I moved during November and was able to take advantage of Black Friday specials then. I got a fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher from Town Appliance for 2K. But I had no money for warrantees.

However, you can purchase a warrantee for a certain amount of time after the appliance purchase. A few months after I moved, I got a work bonus, and I used it to buy warrantees. I also bought extra racks for my stove/oven for Pesach.

Just recently, I had an issue with my stove. I now have mixed feelings about the warrantee. I called them, and they sent me someone to do the repair, no charge. But they scheduled the repair for 2 weeks later! and then, it didn't really work, so they scheduled a follow-up another 2 weeks later! That means, I had limited use of my stove for a month. I felt like just calling up an appliance guy and paying for the repair, never mind the warrantee. IMVHO the warrantee was a pain to deal with.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:23 am
Chayalle wrote:
When I moved 4 years ago, I really was very tight (moving is expensive!) I had to replace all the appliances in my kitchen (for Kashrus reasons) and B"H, I moved during November and was able to take advantage of Black Friday specials then. I got a fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher from Town Appliance for 2K. But I had no money for warrantees.

However, you can purchase a warrantee for a certain amount of time after the appliance purchase. A few months after I moved, I got a work bonus, and I used it to buy warrantees. I also bought extra racks for my stove/oven for Pesach.

Just recently, I had an issue with my stove. I now have mixed feelings about the warrantee. I called them, and they sent me someone to do the repair, no charge. But they scheduled the repair for 2 weeks later! and then, it didn't really work, so they scheduled a follow-up another 2 weeks later! That means, I had limited use of my stove for a month. I felt like just calling up an appliance guy and paying for the repair, never mind the warrantee. IMVHO the warrantee was a pain to deal with.

Town appliance told me one specific warranty company went downhill since covid and there is nothing to do. I had the same 2 visits in a month. Then they gave me a check to replace for half the cost of a new one. I was annoyed.
In the past warranties worked better for me.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:30 am
Town appliance told me one specific warranty company went downhill since covid and there is nothing to do. I had the same 2 visits in a month. Then they gave me a check to replace for half the cost of a new one. I was annoyed.
In the past warranties worked better for me.

Curious if this is an lg warranty?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:31 am
small bean wrote:

If appliances have become so much more expensive I guess its pays to invest in quality appliances (if there is any quality) that last

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:34 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
If appliances have become so much more expensive I guess its pays to invest in quality appliances (if there is any quality) that last

Well, yes but appliances aren’t made the way they used to be.
While it used to be normal to have the same dryer for 20 years, most people need to service their new, expensive dryers within 5 years.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:41 am
Well, yes but appliances aren’t made the way they used to be.
While it used to be normal to have the same dryer for 20 years, most people need to service their new, expensive dryers within 5 years.

Exactly.

When I grew up, my parents' house had the double wall oven that my mother brought with her from my grandparents' previous home (they downgraded to an apartment). I was in 8th grade IIRC when my parents redid the kitchen and got a new one. It was over 30 years old when it died. I don't recall it ever being serviced.

And I just serviced mine after 4 years! True it didn't cost me because of that warrantee....

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:47 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

The stores themselves will tell you nothing lasts anymore. Bec there is so much technology snd computers it almost never pays to fix anything anymore bec of the cost of control panels.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:47 am
Curious if this is an lg warranty?

No. It was third party.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:59 am
The stores themselves will tell you nothing lasts anymore. Bec there is so much technology snd computers it almost never pays to fix anything anymore bec of the cost of control panels.

Another reason to try to avoid digital technology.
I always try to inquire technicians what they have it home and what they would buy for their mother or sister.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:02 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Another reason to try to avoid digital technology.
I always try to inquire technicians what they have it home and what they would buy for their mother or sister.

In America bec of new green laws it’s getting harder and harder to get better appliances. Bec they need to use less electricity snd less water they need more technology. Washing machines use a fraction of water they used to use.
Personally I like buying as dumb appliances as possible. But even at this point my alliance repair guy says it’s a lost cause.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries