Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Anyone know a good book or resource???

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 12:01 am
Help! My teen DD is highly impulsive. She is on a lot of meds, sees a therapist. She is very bright but is very impulsive and misses basic social cues. It baffles people. She struggles making and keeping friends. She constantly lies. Nothing seems to help her. I know she is struggling emotionally and my heart breaks watching her literally self destruct.
I was talking with her after yet another disastrous episode of something she did and thought if she better understand her adhd and how her brain works, she may be able to figure out 1. There are lots of other people like her 2. Its not her fault 3. How she can help herself.

Does anyone know of a good book for a younger teen to read to help her understand adhd and strategies on coping?

I'm not looking to discuss natrual medicine or pandas or the like.

Thank you so much in advance!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 12:18 am
Every teen should read Daniel Siegel’s brain book. Written for teens. Not specifically about Adhd but about brain development and growth during teen years and understanding the teenage brain… impulses etc.
I m not sure what community you are from and whether you will want to read if first etc. but its a good book to give any Teen and sounds like her too.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 10:18 pm
Thank you for the lead. I will definitely look into it. Any other reccomendations? Anyone? Specifically for her to understand her adhd
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)