Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What post vax side effects did your 5-12 year olds have?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 6:41 am
Title said it all. I'm not looking to be persuaded either way, I'm just looking to hear about others experiences.

watergirl

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 6:43 am
Zero, BH.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 6:45 am
1 out of 4 had a very low grade fever for half a day. The others had nothing other than a sore arm (similar to the flu shot). None of my friends' kids had anything else either. Some had a low grade fever but that was it.

wiki

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 6:52 am
I read a very informative blog post recently going through the current VAERS data about side effects for 5-11 year olds.

https://emilyoster.substack.co.....mbers

Take-away: we are not seeing the uncommon-but-could-be-scary side effects in small kids that we saw with adolescents. Except for a teeny-tiny bit with boys near age 11, but even that is at a much lower rate than we saw with adolescents.

(In case you care who this person is:

Emily Oster is a data-driven analyst who teaches Economics at Brown University. She has written books about Pregnancy, baby care, and parenting for parents who like to be shown the data and the studies, instead of just being told what to do.

She collected data on Covid in camps and schools since summer of 2020, and was an outspoken advocate for keeping schools open in the fall of 2020.)

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 6:56 am
Almost none, sore arm and a headache

Success10

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 7:06 am
I've heard reports of adolescent girls having menstrual disruptions. Any truth to that?

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 7:17 am
None of us are researchers and one person's anecdotal knowledge is useless to you. But you should do your own research if you are concerned.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/a.....04ac5

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 7:41 am
Vaers already has myocarditis reports in this age group.

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 7:43 am
after 1st shot: My 6 yr old had some mild arm soreness that started some hours after the first shot and lasted for about a day or so. Was not particularly bothersome and was managed with tylenol.

after 2nd shot: I asked her how she felt repeatedly for 3 days after the shot. She had nothing to report but just got annoyed at me for interrupting her playtime and homework to ask by day 2. lol

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 7:45 am
Success10 wrote:
I've heard reports of adolescent girls having menstrual disruptions. Any truth to that?

My 14 yr old had no disruptions after either shot.

after my first shot, my first period was a little late--like maybe a week or so....but I also just came through pesach preps etc and was very stressed out--which is much more likely to have been the cause. My cycle was unaffected by my second shot or my recent booster.

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:16 am
My two kids both had sore arms a few hours after, but that was it b”h (age 8/6)

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:27 am
Just a sore arm for a day.

Aurora

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:56 am
Afterwards, the kid looked at me and said "that's it?"

No side effects, B"H.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:56 am
My 3 kids each had a sore arm and some tiredness and crankyness for 1-2 days.

wiki

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:11 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Vaers already has myocarditis reports in this age group.

Of five million kids vaccinated in the USA, there are reports of two cases of myocarditis. Both in 10-year-old boys. Both of whom recovered and are fine.

Statistically, the vaccine looks significantly safer in 5-11s than it does in teens. Significantly.

And I say this as someone who got the vax myself on day 1 that I was eligible, but wanted to wait for data for my kids.

I'm scheduling their appointments for this week. The data looks very good.

gingleale

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:21 am
Sore arm for 24 hours

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:23 am
Seems like people here are only posting short term effects or lackthereoff. Anyone know about the long term effects and if it effects fertility or anything else or is it too soon to ask?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:26 am
Nobody knows the long term affects. It's not possible, it's too new. I'm talking about on the immune system long term.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 10:45 am
My three children aged 5-11 got the vaccine. Two had sore arms for 1-2 days after the first dose. After the second dose, the younger ones had no side effects at all, and the 10 year old had fever and felt sick the day after the shot, but was fine the next day.

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Seems like people here are only posting short term effects or lackthereoff. Anyone know about the long term effects and if it effects fertility or anything else or is it too soon to ask?

You’re asking if it affects fertility in 5-12 year olds who got the shot at most a couple months ago?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics