Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Bday 6yo girl

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 2:26 am
Looking for a bday gift for dd-almost 6. Problem (not really B"H) is she has a Savta who buys her and her siblings A LOT of toys! So she has special toys and dolls already. She gets terribly overwhelmed with decisions, so I don't want her to choose- I don't think there's anything she's really looking for atm. Any suggestions? Anything especially special for a 6yo girl?

She has one of those imitation American Girl dolls that she doesn't really touch- wants her to stay new. But we once read a book where a kid dressed up her doll, and that was somewhat tempting for her. I was thinking maybe some clothes or accessories for that doll. I'm in Israel- does anyone have links to that kind of thing here? Does anyone have a little girl who likes that kind of thing? Does it keep her occupied for a good amount of time? Or just changes her once and that's it for the day?

She also likes fiddling with the drawing program on my computer and playing with a computer-ish baby toy we have, so I was thinking maybe a kiddie computerish or drawing thing would be nice for her. Would have to be very simple and no internet or real computer connection necessary, as we're in a very chareidi area and don't really allow any real technology use for the kids. Any ideas? Links in Israel?

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:10 am
Art lessons

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:14 am
Does she have an easel? They make double sided ones that are a lot of fun - whiteboard/chalkboard plus space to store art materials..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:19 am
amother [ Trillium ] wrote:
Does she have an easel? They make double sided ones that are a lot of fun - whiteboard/chalkboard plus space to store art materials..

Hmm that's a really nice idea, thank you! We have a small whiteboard that she enjoys, and an easel might make it even more appealing.

In case you or anyone else has an idea- the one issue with an easel is the space it takes up, even if foldable. Like I said, we have A LOT of toys (in a small Israeli apartment). Is there anything like this that is less bulky? Or is the bulkiness part of the excitement?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:20 am
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
Art lessons

I don't think this exists in our area, at least until she's in first grade. But will keep it in mind, thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics