Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
My pretied's get stretched out :(

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:38 am
over time I find that my pretieds get stretched out and then they aren't really so usable anymore. is that just the way it goes and I should just get rid of them or is there some trick?

Thanks!

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:40 am
You can buy elastic rubber and sew it in the back where the elastic got stretched out. There's a method. It's difficult to explain it. Maybe you should see if there's a YouTube on sewing on elastic. Good luck!

Success10

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:40 am
Of course they get stretched out. Washing and drying them helps a bit, but the fabric itself just stretches, it's not just the elastic in the back. You should get 6 months to a year out of them, though.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:43 am
As soon as I get one I reinforce the elastic. I also get non stretchy fabric.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:32 am
Success10 wrote:
Of course they get stretched out. Washing and drying them helps a bit, but the fabric itself just stretches, it's not just the elastic in the back. You should get 6 months to a year out of them, though.

so if it's already been 6 months to a year then you just get new ones? I've likely had them that long if not longer Wink
I'm going to try washing and drying them. thought they weren't supposed to go in dryer so let me try that.

is it easy to reinforce the elastic? does that work better then trying afterwards? My mother in law tried after they were stretched out but it still wasn't the same. I'm guessing based on people's responses that it's because the actual tichel stretches out as well.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:33 am
Mine last longer bh, I guess I'm lucky

Queen1

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 5:50 am
I have the opposite problem. Mine are all too tight to begin with....

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:15 am
Tichels are like shoes. They last longer if you have several and then rotate them. If you only have a couple of tichels that are your absolutely favorite go-to, then buy some more in that style. Save the stretched out ones for around the house. Always have a few backups when the others are in the wash. I have several (probably way too many) tichels, and I have yet to have any of them get too loose.

Underwear, on the other hand... embarrassed

"Yay, I'm losing weight!" - "Er, no. It's just that the elastic is worn out." Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels