Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Please help me get info about Linden/Roselle
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:12 pm
Alright , so I’m chasidish and have a few kids girls and boys ages 2-12
My husband is a BP viznitzer chasid.
We’re looking into relocating to Linden or Roselle NJ but I need some answers before, preferably from someone who lives there already.
1.How do you get your kids to school/cheider from and to BP?
2. If there is a bus / carpool / van for the kids how often does it run out of schedule ? How often do you find yourself driving your kids to and from BP?
3. Does everyone buying a house in Linden has to go through the Kossoner R and vaad?
4. If you buy in Roselle , do you still have to go through him? And if not , can you still use the amenities from Linden ?

Thanks in advance [I]

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 7:06 pm
I am in Elizabeth in a different community but I work in Boro park.
It. An take anywhere from an hour to almost 2 hours to drive in at 7:30 in the morning.
Otherwise it is a nice community and I actually enjoy seeing frum women in the neighborhoods in linden !

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:58 am
Bump! Anyone please ?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:14 am
Hi,
I dont live there yet but planning to, soon iyh.
Cant answer you exactly about timing, but there is definitely transportation to all moisdas in Boro Park.
We didnt buy thru the vaad, had a private broker. You can still use all the amenities there.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:44 am
can't help you with any of your questions but please make sure to be mentschlich when buying a house. Unfortunately I know someone who sold a house in Linden and had a bad experience with the chassidim. She ended up accepting an offer from someone not Jewish because she didn't want to take the chance on another chassidish buyer. Seems others in her community had also had bad experiences Sad

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 9:49 am
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:
can't help you with any of your questions but please make sure to be mentschlich when buying a house. Unfortunately I know someone who sold a house in Linden and had a bad experience with the chassidim. She ended up accepting an offer from someone not Jewish because she didn't want to take the chance on another chassidish buyer. Seems others in her community had also had bad experiences Sad

Of course , I totally get this 💯
I believe in not giving an offer when another yid gave an offer . Supply and demand controls the market, it is us the buyers who control it , we just need to play fair and H’ will help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 9:50 am
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
Hi,
I dont live there yet but planning to, soon iyh.
Cant answer you exactly about timing, but there is definitely transportation to all moisdas in Boro Park.
We didnt buy thru the vaad, had a private broker. You can still use all the amenities there.

Can I contact you to ask you more questions ? Of course only if you are comfortable with it
I can give you my email adress

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 9:52 am
I heard many don't buy with the approval if the vaad and many do still. They have been trying to gain back the control but I don't think they can because there are hundreds of families there already.

I thought there is a school there already though I'm not sure.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 10:16 am
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
I heard many don't buy with the approval if the vaad and many do still. They have been trying to gain back the control but I don't think they can because there are hundreds of families there already.

I thought there is a school there already though I'm not sure.

Yes there’s is a cheider and a girls school under Kosson, however I rather stick to sending my kids to BP still Smile

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 10:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes there’s is a cheider and a girls school under Kosson, however I rather stick to sending my kids to BP still Smile

Also Bobov 45 has a cheider in Springfield.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 10:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Alright , so I’m chasidish and have a few kids girls and boys ages 2-12
My husband is a BP viznitzer chasid.
We’re looking into relocating to Linden or Roselle NJ but I need some answers before, preferably from someone who lives there already.
1.How do you get your kids to school/cheider from and to BP?
2. If there is a bus / carpool / van for the kids how often does it run out of schedule ? How often do you find yourself driving your kids to and from BP?
3. Does everyone buying a house in Linden has to go through the Kossoner R and vaad?
4. If you buy in Roselle , do you still have to go through him? And if not , can you still use the amenities from Linden ?

Thanks in advance [I]

hi! I am closing on a house in roselle soon iyh. I went through the vaad and it was a very pleasant experience. they were very helpful and easy to deal with.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 10:55 am
Why do people need to go through a vaad? Sounds controlling. It's a free country.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:03 am
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
Why do people need to go through a vaad? Sounds controlling. It's a free country.

since it is completely new territory for me, it actually was easier for me to deal with a helpful jewish vaad who did everything in their power to get us the best terms, than go to a non jewish broker who I am not familiar with.
but youre right- its a choice everyone can make for themselves.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:03 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
hi! I am closing on a house in roselle soon iyh. I went through the vaad and it was a very pleasant experience. they were very helpful and easy to deal with.

Thanks for the reply , do you still planning sending your kids to schools in BP ? How are they going and coming back? How long will they be in the bus each way ?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:56 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

We were planning to go thru the vaad. Somehow non of the options worked out. Saw something on Zillow that looked promising, so we went with that broker.
Btw the vaad didnt sound upset at all, they took it very graciously, and we sent a nice tip to their office staff for the many weeks of work trying to help us.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:59 pm
Does anyone have info on Union? If we buy a house there, will the school have transportation to Union? and does anyone know if the school in linden accepts easily? I don't want to buy a house and then be stuck without a school.

Also is there transportation from Union to Bp in case I have to keep my kids in BP schools?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:35 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Does anyone have info on Union? If we buy a house there, will the school have transportation to Union? and does anyone know if the school in linden accepts easily? I don't want to buy a house and then be stuck without a school.

Also is there transportation from Union to Bp in case I have to keep my kids in BP schools?

Bobov 45 has transportation from union to bp. It’s a beautiful crowd of people where everyone is out to help another. Maybe, if your school doesn’t provide transportation there, bobov would be willing to work something out with u....

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:09 am
Thanks! Do you know if bobov 45 will be opening a school there next year? And who is a good contact person to speak to over there so I can discuss transportation? And also, when you buy a house there, do you buy straight through the seller's agent, or is there any jewish buyer's agents there?
Thank you!

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:09 am
Any info about union would be helpful. We want to buy a house there but we're so lost. Thanks again!

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:09 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Any info about union would be helpful. We want to buy a house there but we're so lost. Thanks again!
Are people who don’t belong to Bobov 45 buying in Union?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating