Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Holiday Gift for new housekeeper

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 8:04 pm
Pre-Covid I've usually given a week's pay to my housekeeper. But that's back when I would hire someone and they would stay with me for a long time. I don't know what it is, but since Covid started help is really hard to find and practically as soon as you finish training someone they leave and take another job.

So now I'm trying to figure out how much to gift my 27th(?) new housekeeper since Covid began. On the one hand she's only been with me maybe 6 weeks, is extremely mediocre, and way overpaid (both in the sense that she isn't the best cleaner and that she constantly leaves early). On the other hand, she shows up and doesn't steal from me and that's pretty good in this era of slim pickings.

So how much would you gift? Hoping nobody tells me to gift her a whole week's pay after only 6 weeks employment. I gave 1/2 week last year to a new cleaning lady and she quit 2 days later anyhow. I was so mad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics