Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Lakewood boy seriously sick. BDE 12/7/23
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 8:48 am
GramaNewYork wrote:
Please keep davening for Chaim Shaul ben Pessel. We were recently updated by his aunt, and it's clear that our tefilos are badly needed:

Tehilim for Chaim Shaul ben Pessel

Thank you for the update. Having a son the same age I still keep him in mind when davening and wondering if there were any changes since last yr. May we hear good news.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 12:56 am
To those of you who used the link to say Tehilim for Chaim Shaul, kol hakavod and tizku l'mitzvos. His parents should only have nachas from him ad sof hadoros. Please HaShem, let him be healthy.
https://new.tehilimyahad.com/m.....KRfwD

Roots

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 12:41 pm
Refua shlema!!! may we hear only good news

GramaNewYork

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 1:08 am
From his aunt:
"Thank you so much everyone for your continued tefillos for my nephew - Chaim Shaul ben Pessel. I'm sorry it's taken so long since the last update. It's been a revolving door of sick children in my house and though I wanted to post this update a while ago, I didn't have a chance.
Hodu L'Hashem Ki Tov, after Chanukah Chaim Shaul started opening his eyes! Previously he'd only open it a fraction of the way and for a second, but now he opens it up for longer and almost all the way. He also has been opening his eyes in response to bright light, which shows some level of responsiveness, something he wasn't doing before. Though it's not clear what this indicates as he's not awake yet, it is definitely an encouraging sign. Additionally, his oxygen numbers go up when his family visits, or when someone learns with him (in person or on the phone). It's clear that he hears things around him.
All your tefillos are very powerful as Chaim Shaul keeps improving despite all the negative predictions by the doctors. Apparently, Hashem treasures each tefilla and wants more of them as Chaim Shaul still has ways to go until he's completely better. So please keep on davening for him that he should have a complete refuah along with all the other cholim in klal yisroel!
May we only share besuros tovos!"

Tehillim Link

Last edited by GramaNewYork on Thu, Feb 02 2023, 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 1:12 am
Thanks for the update.

Davened.

Hoping to hear more improvement, a Refuah Shelaimah.

GramaNewYork

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 7:37 am
An update has been posted regarding Chaim Shaul ben Pessel in Lakewood by his aunt:

Chaim Shaul ben Pessel needs your tefillos!

May 10, 2023, 7:38:36 PM (19 hours ago)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your caring and tefilos until now. Unfortunately, today’s update is not positive. Chaim Shaul is back in the hospital, after having been in a long-term care facility, with a serious infection.

Chasdei Hashem, Chaim Shaul has come out of a number of medical crises in the past, and we hope the same will happen again soon be’H.

Any tefilos and zechusim will surely make a difference and be much appreciated.

My sister shared the following email she got from a a friend:
Question: Why was Rabi Shimon bar Yochai zoche to be the only tzadik that has so many Yidden going to his kever on his yahrzeit, for close to 2000 years, and who has also brought yeshuos to so many? In the sefer Tiv Ha’Emunah, Rav Gamliel Rabinovitch answers this question. It was in the zechus of Rav Shimon’s unrelenting Emunah that Hashem would help and save him. Despite years of suffering, he did not give up hope of a yeshua.

May we soon share besuros tovos, yeshuos and refuos; for Chaim Shaul and everyone in need.

Esther Leah Korik

You can also use this link to access tehillim online

Tehilim for Chaim Shaul ben Pessel

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 7:59 am
Davening. May Hashem the True Rofeh grant him a complete refuah!

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 11:09 am
Davened. Wishing a refuah sheleima!

GramaNewYork

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 1:52 am
A positive update from his aunt:

Positive Update B"H about Chaim Shaul
May 12 07:18AM

I got the following message from my sister: Hodu L’Hashem ki tov! Chaim Shaul is doing much better than yesterday!

Originally Chaim Shaul had an infection which was almost healed, but then suddenly took a sharp turn for the worse. One of the symptoms was fluctuating blood pressure that did not respond to medicine.

Within an hour of the email request for tefilos, Chaim Shaul’s blood pressure stabilized with medication! By yesterday, chasdei Hashem it is stable without medication, and the antibiotics started to kick in.

Thank you all for caring and davening!! May everyone’s continued tefilos and zechusim bring both a speedy refuah for the current illness, as well as the complete refuah that we are waiting for.

HOWEVER, Chaim Shaul's mother specifically requested to let people know that, even as we are grateful for the progress, the infection is still serious with a long way until recovery, and the request for tefilos still stands.

May we soon share better and better news be’H, by Chaim Shaul ben Pessel and all of Klal Yisroel!
(End of his aunt's note)

Please click here to join Tehilim for Chaim Shaul's refua.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 2:51 am
I said Tehillim for him and added his name to the list of people I daven for. May he have a refuah shleima bimheira.

GramaNewYork

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 2:05 am
Here is a recent post from Chaim Shaul's aunt and a link to the communal Tehillim:

Chaim Shaul ben Pessel

Update on Chaim Shaul ben Pessel
Aug 03 09:15AM

Hi Everyone,
Here's the latest update I got from my sister, regarding my nephew Chaim Shaul ben Pessel. Chasdei Hashem, Chaim Shaul recently recovered from a serious infection – no doubt much of the credit goes to everyone’s continued tefilos.

The following recent story is a big chizuk because it seems to be ba’h the highest level of responsiveness to date. Chaim Shaul’s devoted frum therapist said to him, “If you want me to say tehilim out loud next to your bed, open your eyes.” Chaim Shaul opened both eyes wide. After a little while of saying Tehillim, she repeated the sentence again, and he opened his eyes wide again. She kept doing this every few minutes and he kept opening both his eyes each time she asked (although after some time not as wide as the first few times; maybe he was getting tired).

Chaim Shaul’s other therapist reported that recently she starting having the feeling that “someone is there” when she works with Chaim Shaul.

There have been other incidents of increased hand movement and eye opening when Chaim Shaul hears something that is exciting to him. He often reacts to the learning of Gemara or Mishnayos, whether in person or via recording. However, please note that Chaim Shaul’s occasional opening of his eyes opening does not indicate (yet) that he is awake. So please keep davening for him that he wakes up completely and has a total refuah!

May we be zocheh to see very soon the complete Geulah with Mashiach, and return to Eretz Yisroel with all cholim completely healed.

With continuous great appreciation for everyone’s caring, tefilos, and zechusim
Looking forward to sharing besuros tovos by everyone, may it be very soon be’H

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 2:12 am
Thank you so so much for this post. Refuab shelaima.

familyfirst

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 3:04 am
This sounds so difficult

Bh for the baby steps in the right direction. May he have a complete recovery

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:42 pm
They are asking for teffilos right now. Things seem to be serious

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 9:02 pm
Saying tehillim. He should have a Refua shelaima!

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:01 am
Bump

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 1:34 am
I live in the neighborhood and we got a text earlier tonight to urgent say Tehillim it’s critical. No other details.

dena613

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 1:43 am
Said some perakim

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 2:33 pm
Bump

GramaNewYork

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 3:13 am
This is from Chaim Shaul ben Pessel's Aunt as of Dec. 5, 2023. If you've heard anything more recent, please post here and let us know. Thank you. This is the Tehillim link: Tehillim for Chaim Shaul ben Pessel

Request for Tefilos for Chaim Shaul ben Pessel
E Korik <edowek>: Dec 05 10:51AM

HI Everyone,
I got this message from my sister last night, while we were sleeping regarding Chaim Shaul ben Pessel.
"Thank you everyone for your tefilos; whether a lot or a little, they are all powerful and add up. Though Chaim Shaul is still physically sleeping, his neshama is alive and so much appreciates the gift of every day. There is much evidence that Chaim Shaul hears, and he occasionally responds via a change in his numbers, or via different movements that he makes. Chaim Shaul learns regularly via recordings of age-appropriate Gemara and Mishnayos shiurim, stories of tzadikim, that play at his bedside.

Unfortunately, the situation is scary at the moment. We ask everyone for their tefilos because Chaim Shaul currently has a serious infection, and the doctors don’t know if he will make it through the night.
He has been in critical condition before and came though, and be’H with everyone’s tefilos we hope he will survive this as well. May these tefilos “fill up the cup” to bring to his complete recovery very soon."
Since this message was sent I spoke to my sister (in the middle of her night) and she said there has been improvement B"H, though Chaim Shaul still has a long way to go.
Our tefillos our so powerful, and how much so is evident by the doctor's words to my sister when he called her down to the hospital. He said that Chaim Shaul was in critical condition and he was afraid that he wouldn't make it. "But things are different with him, so who knows what will happen!" So even though it's been a long time since he got sick, lets keep davening and beg Hashem to make Chaim Shaul completely healthy along with all the rest of the cholim in Klal Yisroel!
May Hashem help that I can share good news with you all very soon!Esther Leah Korik
E Korik <edowek>: Dec 05 09:36PM

The words הקב"ה מתאוה לתפילתן של צדיקים come to mind here…..

I’m sorry to be sending another email with sad news. Chasdei Hashem, Chaim Shaul’s oxygen and blood pressure numbers have gone up a lot. But his kidneys, which have been functioning poorly for the past few days, have not produced urine today. And he is currently not strong enough to be a candidate for dialysis. Hashem Yerachem!!

As many of you might know, my sister has been speaking about thanking Hashem and giving out “Thank You Hashem notebooks”. Perhaps we can try to appreciate our own health and bodily functions as a zechus for Chaim Shaul.

The doctors have said that Chaim Shaul doesn’t go by the book, so “you never know with him”. Hashem is Kol Yachol, and may the next update be amazing beyond expectation!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed