Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Closed Lace Fronts

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:23 pm
Does anyone have a closed lace front and can tell me their thoughts- how it looks? do they like it? why they got it closed versus open?

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone have a closed lace front and can tell me their thoughts- how it looks? do they like it? why they got it closed versus open?

My friend has on from Eva and Chloe and it looks amazing!! I think it’s called ribbon or something like that.

marriedgal

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
My friend has on from Eva and Chloe and it looks amazing!! I think it’s called ribbon or something like that.

Ribbon? I never heard of that so it's not called a closed lace? And can I ask how it looks what looks amazing about it- does it still look like a lace front or does it look like a regular sheitel without lace?

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:53 pm
marriedgal wrote:
Ribbon? I never heard of that so it's not called a closed lace? And can I ask how it looks what looks amazing about it- does it still look like a lace front or does it look like a regular sheitel without lace?

I think so I’m not sure what it’s called I remember Hearing ribbon front or something ask ur sm but it looks regular on top by skin part but it’s flat like a lace top and front is made very natural looking like the lace tops but there’s absolutely no lace

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:54 pm
Sm here (why am I writing this so much lately?!?)
It’s a teeny ribbon or folded lace at the front of a wig. It’s like 1/4 of an inch. I heard from someone in Lkwd that the rabonim said it doesn’t fall under the category of a lace front (don’t take my word for that)
Usually the reason people do it
- the wig came with a lace and the couldn’t fully remove it so they opted for this
- the didn’t want a lace but wanted the front a drop flatter than a wig with just babyhair

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:58 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
It’s a teeny ribbon or folded lace at the front of a wig. It’s like 1/4 of an inch. I heard from someone in Lkwd that the rabonim said it doesn’t fall under the category of a lace front (don’t take my word for that)
- the wig came with a lace and the couldn’t fully remove it so they opted for this
- the didn’t want a lace but wanted the front a drop flatter than a wig with just babyhair

Do all companies make them?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:02 pm

Thanks for responding! So you're saying people will put it on their lace front wigs to make it a little less natural? Do people also add it to regular wigs or is a closed lace only on a lace front wig? And does it end up being more durable and does it remove the typical growing out of your head lace look?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:03 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
I think so I’m not sure what it’s called I remember Hearing ribbon front or something ask ur sm but it looks regular on top by skin part but it’s flat like a lace top and front is made very natural looking like the lace tops but there’s absolutely no lace

So would you say this would be a good balance for someone who wants a little more natural looking than the regular wigs but doesn't want the lace look or something too natural?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:47 pm
I had one, it looked quite natural but one could tell it's a wig.

It was really beautiful and it's a lot easier to handle than an open lace.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:52 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I had one, it looked quite natural but one could tell it's a wig.

It was really beautiful and it's a lot easier to handle than an open lace.

So it still has that natural look but just easier than lace? Why don't you have it anymore/?

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So would you say this would be a good balance for someone who wants a little more natural looking than the regular wigs but doesn't want the lace look or something too natural?

I wear lace but my friend doesn’t so she bought that instead I would say it’s the closest to lace and that look. And is much flatter than the reg wig. And you can tell it’s not lace imo I wear lace and I can tell on other ppl when it’s a wig or not even if lace top wigs are wigs and I can always tell and I think most pple can ..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:08 pm

hi! I brought my sheitel in to the sheitel macher to close the lace. she sent it in to the company and the company asked her if they should close it minimally meaning like fold a minimal portion of the lace under or if they should close it as much as possible like take out the hair and fold under most of the lace to get closer to wear the lace meets the wig. Since I have no idea what I'm doing I figured I'd see if any other sheitel machers here have suggestions as to what makes sense/what will look nice

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
hi! I brought my sheitel in to the sheitel macher to close the lace. she sent it in to the company and the company asked her if they should close it minimally meaning like fold a minimal portion of the lace under or if they should close it as much as possible like take out the hair and fold under most of the lace to get closer to wear the lace meets the wig. Since I have no idea what I'm doing I figured I'd see if any other sheitel machers here have suggestions as to what makes sense/what will look nice

There is no right or wrong, it’s a matter of preference. If u ask me remove the hair and fold it so there is a shorter lace overall. When the shape of the lace becomes wonky because of the folding, then less it more. You don’t want a funny jutting out piece if it’s not laying perfectly flat

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:22 am
There is no right or wrong, it’s a matter of preference. If u ask me remove the hair and fold it so there is a shorter lace overall. When the shape of the lace becomes wonky because of the folding, then less it more. You don’t want a funny jutting out piece if it’s not laying perfectly flat

So your saying by doing a minimal fold it will probably end up laying funny? I’m just nervous if they fold over the whole lace the sheitel will end up being too short and not cover my hairline

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So your saying by doing a minimal fold it will probably end up laying funny? I’m just nervous if they fold over the whole lace the sheitel will end up being too short and not cover my hairline

Correct. Maintaining the flat look when ur playing with the shape is very hard

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:23 am
Correct. Maintaining the flat look when ur playing with the shape is very hard

Good to know. Would closing the lace up until where it meets the regular wig still give it a flatter/a little more natural look than a regular skin top wig would look? The reason I want a close lace is because I don't want a regular lace but I want a little more natural/youthful look than a skin top wig so I felt a close lace would be the good balance for me.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good to know. Would closing the lace up until where it meets the regular wig still give it a flatter/a little more natural look than a regular skin top wig would look? The reason I want a close lace is because I don't want a regular lace but I want a little more natural/youthful look than a skin top wig so I felt a close lace would be the good balance for me.

Yes, the wig companies that sell a closed lace the whole thing is like 1/4 ribbon and it does help the front look a bit flatter and more natural without screaming “lace”
Careful of your hairline thou. Make sure you can comfortably wear it an inch or so more fwd without it slipping or giving a weird sloping shape in the back

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So it still has that natural look buy just easier than lace? Why don't you have it anymore/?

It looks quite natural, and the hair type would matter too.

Mine didn't look as natural as the open lace but it was pretty close. My friend has one too and I didn't know it was closed until she told me. I always assumed hers was open.

But what probably makes the difference is how big the lace is. Sometimes it's a half inch, and sometimes a lot bigger.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels