Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid in kids in New York

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 7:16 pm
https://nypost.com/2021/12/25/.....ions/

Anyone else scared for their kids? So scary.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 7:27 pm
Yes I'm worried

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 7:31 pm
No

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 7:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://nypost.com/2021/12/25/new-york-dept-of-health-warns-of-rising-child-covid-hospitalizations/

Anyone else scared for their kids? So scary.

Not any more scared than I am of the flu or other childhood viruses.

amother
Red

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 7:42 pm
They clearly state that the severity of the symptoms are not stated. According to local Hatzolah members, majority of kids being taken to hospital the past few days is die to dehydration. This is serious enough to get hospital care but by no means serious

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 7:47 pm
My DC had it for the second time last week. We all had it March 2020.

Throat was hurting so thought strep. Was negative.
Next day had fever and slightly achy body. Flu was negative so tested for COVID and was positive. The next morning he was feeling great. He had to quarantine for 7 days per health dept.

Others in the house who felt achy throat and bones tested negative. Came up as a cold - rhinovirus.

Half the boys sick in yeshiva Gedolah have flu and half have COVID. More then half the school is out sick. Rosh Yeshiva sent any boy not acting himself to get tested.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:17 pm
I noticed that it specifically doesn’t state the number of hospitalizations or the severity. Many people, especially those without insurance use the hospital as their doctors office. Based on this article I’m not nervous at all. Unless they provide more concerning details, it seems like just another way to encourage the vaccine in children. And NO I’m not against the vaccine in children or adults!

amother
Broom

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:43 pm
Not worried at all. Notice how they specifically arent' saying how many kids it is. Percentages don't mean much if it's a very small amount.

Also note how they don't say the severity. This is just propaganda to get kids vaccinated. The vaccine was already proven to not work against omicron.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
They clearly state that the severity of the symptoms are not stated. According to local Hatzolah members, majority of kids being taken to hospital the past few days is die to dehydration. This is serious enough to get hospital care but by no means serious

Just FYI severe dehydration can lead to shutdown of organs.
If there was actually any information in the article (or any article) I might be concerned. How many kids have been taken to the hospital? What were their symptoms? How long did they remain in the hospital?

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:54 pm
My 12 year old got it and is still sick two weeks later… I’m very concerned 😞

amother
Broom

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 11:08 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Just FYI severe dehydration can lead to shutdown of organs.
If there was actually any information in the article (or any article) I might be concerned. How many kids have been taken to the hospital? What were their symptoms? How long did they remain in the hospital?

I guess that's why they were taking them in, to get IV fluids.

Agree, they didn't provide much info.

amother
Broom

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 11:09 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
My 12 year old got it and is still sick two weeks later… I’m very concerned 😞

Got what, covid? Does he/she also have the flu? Both are going around. What does the pediatrician say?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics