Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Invisalign
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:14 pm
How much did invisalign for kids cost before Insuance? My ortho says it is $6,800 USD. Wondering if I am being overcharged.

esuss

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:18 pm
That is about what I paid for my daughter. It has a lot to do with how much work needs to be done.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 9:55 pm
Where do you live? My orthodontist in five towns just quoted around $5000

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 9:57 pm
A lot about quotes depends on how much is needed. It’s hard to compare randomly.
My friend and I use same Otho and pain $1800 difference for kids braces. (My kids reg braces were $2500 pallet extender and $6500 braces - to put it in perspective)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 4:36 am
I'm asking because he said flat rate is $6800. I have two kids that need different things and he said that's the cost and it includes whatever needs to get done. He says it will serve as an expander too so I won't need that too.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 5:19 am
Curious why you would go with Invisalign for kids over regular braces. I don’t know much about it and I’m wondering what the benefits of Invisalign are.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 5:33 am
I paid a lot less for ds, but was a few years ago and for a mild case. In my case, it actually came out cheaper than traditional braces.

The benefit is that it's invisible and removable.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 5:37 am
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
Curious why you would go with Invisalign for kids over regular braces. I don’t know much about it and I’m wondering what the benefits of Invisalign are.

Much healthier for the teeth. We are doing invisalign for 3 kids now. Yeah it's a boatload of money!
6800 is high. I don't know where you live but we're in NJ using a more high end orthodontist and I think we're paying 5800 or 5900 plus we got sibling discounts which was significant.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 5:38 am
Try to get another quote from someone in your area.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 7:18 am
amother [ Maple ] wrote:

Benefits are it is one tenth of the pain, and expander would not be a separate step. Also is much more hygienic.
I live in Baltimore if it makes a difference

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 7:23 am
So are traditional braces being phased out??

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 7:24 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:

They are best for a kid who won't be compliant. Like wear them when they are supposed to and take them out when they are eating. Invisalign relies on compliance

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 7:30 am
We are doing Invisalign now for my son. We were quoted the same price as regular braces- it was around 5k. Lakewood

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 7:45 am

No it's not for every type of work. One son of mine needed regular braces because of the amount of work needed. It was the same price as invisalign.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:08 am

Insurance, at least in the NYC area, only covers traditional braces.

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Benefits are it is one tenth of the pain, and expander would not be a separate step. Also is much more hygienic.
I live in Baltimore if it makes a difference

Is it really less painful and more hygienic?

Ellie7

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:16 am
It’s way less painful.

In terms of insurance paying, mine paid even as an adult. It will really depend on your individual plan.

nicole81

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:23 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Insurance, at least in the NYC area, only covers traditional braces.

There are different types of insurances and even within a single company, many different points of coverage between their different plans.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 9:00 am
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
Is it really less painful and more hygienic?

Yeah

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 9:06 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
We are doing Invisalign now for my son. We were quoted the same price as regular braces- it was around 5k. Lakewood

Can I ask which dentist? I went to 2 so far in lakewood and both were closer to 6k. Wld love to find someone cheaper that’s good
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics