Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Women age 40+ what face moisturizer,serums really work?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 9:38 pm
Inspired by the aging thread,women please post what tried and proven good anti aging face products you use to keep your face young looking.

momomany

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 11:05 pm

Last edited by momomany on Sat, Dec 25 2021, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

momomany

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 11:06 pm
Ponds extra rich dry skin cream

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 11:19 pm
Just make sure you get the original product and not something imported from Mexico. I googled it and up came this horrible story of a woman in 2019 using Pond's cream that was unofficially imported from Mexico and tainted with extremely high mercury levels and she went into a coma and got brain damaged. Mercury is used as a skin lightener in some countries but it is very dangerous and harmful.

etky

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:30 am
To prevent the signs of aging you need more than moisture.
Moisture plumps up your skin for a very short time but does nothing to treat underlying causes of wrinkles and uneven skin tone.

I've been using this serum for over ten years, since my mid-forties. I apply it in the morning and it also serves as a primer for my makeup.
https://www.boots.com/no7-prot.....88490

At night I use an OTC retinol serum:
https://www.ulta.com/p/retinol.....25984

Recently I've been alternating the retinol serum with an Olay Regenerist serum that contains Niacinamide that targets dark spots and brightens skin tone.

All 3 products are OTC and very affordable.
I don't believe in shelling out tons of money on fancy brands.

Now, at 55, I'm beginning to feel that I might need to step up my game. I think I need something dedicated for the under-eye area which I've really neglected.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 2:00 am
are there no natural products like eg coconut oil or even brands that have natural products etc instead of all these ingredients...?

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 3:24 am
There is a wealth of information out there about skincare. There is a korean routine with multiple steps for day and night. It does work. I think maintaining this routine with ANY products works better than using something specific.

If you don't gave the time in the morning, the night is your prime time for skincare.

Double face wash: first oil based, than regular foamy one. Then mild acid exfoliation. Then follow with all your serums. Knowing your skin type and problems, you can find different serums with different active ingredients. The Ordinary is an inexpensive brand that has all sorts of serums and you can buy as many as you need and use the combo. E.g. Niacinamide+Zinc, Vit C and Retinol in Squalane. Apply these one after the other, wait for each to be absorbed. Then follow up with a thick occlusive night cream. Doesn't have to be fancy, its job is to keep the moisture inside for the night.
You will wake up with your skin plump and well-moisturized.
Yes it is a lot of product. You will go to sleep with a greasy face. But it does work.

For the day, it is enough to wash your face, rub with a towel for mild exfoliation, apply one serum, face cream and smth with an spf.

crema

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 6:48 am
I've had good results with these products (I am 60):

Pond's Dry Skin Cream (to take off makeup w/a wet washcloth--use makeup remover for mascara)

Wash face with a foamy type facial wash for dry skin

Spray on Andalou Naturals Clementine & C Illuminating Toner (Sold at Whole Foods). This product has fruit stem cell complex with other ingredients that makes your skin plump up and leaving it feeling really refreshed.

Lacura Q10 Cream (day formula and night formula, sold at Aldi's) Apply first

Pond's Crema S (either at Bingo's or Walmart) use over the Lacura Q10 cream. This product is also good all over your body to moisturize.

Use Twinlab Na-PCA spray as needed for freshening or Trader Joe's Rose Water Facial Toner. Na-PCA is found naturally in moisturized young skin and this product is concentrated. I have been using it for about 25 years.

Once a week dermaplane your face using aloe vera gelly (Jasolair dermaplaning tool sold on Amazon)
I use 99% Aloe Vera Gelly --Lily of the desert Aloe vera gelly--sold at Gourmet Glatt. Dermaplane only after cleansing your face thoroughly. This exfoliates your skin and gives you that glass skin look of youthful and healthy skin (you shave in the direction of hair growth, so downward). Do this at night time before going to bed then, afterwards spritz with toner and then use Sweet Almond Oil mixed with a little water all over your face...let sit for a few minutes and wipe off excess with kleenex. This oil super moisturizes and leaves your face rose petal soft for days, so it is also great for your hands.

I also have used Retinol-A products by Roc with great results.

Any product with Hyaluronic Acid plumps up areas with fine lines.

If money is not a factor, SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic serum is a gamechanger!

Once a week exfoliate skin (not the same night as dermaplaning) with a sugar-scrub...especially great to use for hands, heels, feet, and elbows.

I also take supplements, which help keep your skin healthy and reverses damages from the environment (I.e. sun, stress, pollution, etc.). If you want to know what is good for your skin supplement-wise, pm me...

Eating fish, especially salmon or sardines, and fruit like blueberries, strawberries, and kiwi, are great for supplementing your skin. Eating cabbage also helps with giving your skin hyaluronic acid...which is why Koreans and Polish have amazing skin from eating cabbage daily.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 7:58 am
How about something for those of us short on time.

A face wash, a cream, and maybe one other thing?

I can't do all that and I would like to not get wrinkly.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:16 am
crema wrote:

Pond's Dry Skin Cream (to take off makeup w/a wet washcloth--use makeup remover for mascara)

Spray on Andalou Naturals Clementine & C Illuminating Toner (Sold at Whole Foods). This product has fruit stem cell complex with other ingredients that makes your skin plump up and leaving it feeling really refreshed.

Pond's Crema S (either at Bingo's or Walmart) use over the Lacura Q10 cream. This product is also good all over your body to moisturize.

Use Twinlab Na-PCA spray as needed for freshening or Trader Joe's Rose Water Facial Toner. Na-PCA is found naturally in moisturized young skin and this product is concentrated. I have been using it for about 25 years.

Once a week dermaplane your face using aloe vera gelly (Jasolair dermaplaning tool sold on Amazon)
I use 99% Aloe Vera Gelly --Lily of the desert Aloe vera gelly--sold at Gourmet Glatt. Dermaplane only after cleansing your face thoroughly. This exfoliates your skin and gives you that glass skin look of youthful and healthy skin (you shave in the direction of hair growth, so downward). Do this at night time before going to bed then, afterwards spritz with toner and then use Sweet Almond Oil mixed with a little water all over your face...let sit for a few minutes and wipe off excess with kleenex. This oil super moisturizes and leaves your face rose petal soft for days, so it is also great for your hands.

Once a week exfoliate skin (not the same night as dermaplaning) with a sugar-scrub...especially great to use for hands, heels, feet, and elbows.

I also take supplements, which help keep your skin healthy and reverses damages from the environment (I.e. sun, stress, pollution, etc.). If you want to know what is good for your skin supplement-wise, pm me...

Eating fish, especially salmon or sardines, and fruit like blueberries, strawberries, and kiwi, are great for supplementing your skin. Eating cabbage also helps with giving your skin hyaluronic acid...which is why Koreans and Polish have amazing skin from eating cabbage daily.

is sauerkraut even better for skin than cabbage?

momomany

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:24 am
causemommysaid wrote:

I work full time and have a large family. I don't have much time for skin care regimens. I use the following 2 products and my.skin feels moist and not tight and dry. I use the cleanser in the shower also, and the moisturizer after showering, every morning and under makeup. I have sensitive skin so I appreciate that there are no perfumes or other irritants.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:26 am
causemommysaid wrote:

Hyaluronic acid serum before cream.
Moisturizer or make up with spf.

primavera

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:49 am
The best thing for anti aging is staying out of the sun and wearing SPF every single day!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:53 am
This is magical-- https://www.ebay.com/itm/31367.....w_wcB

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:55 am
crema wrote:

Does this tool also remove peachy fuzz? If it does, does it grow back thicker?

crema

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:56 am
Regarding sauerkraut...yes, anything with cabbage, so sauerkraut is in that category.

Regarding short on time, stay out of the sun as much as possible, and use SPF, and if you change your diet to eat healthy (see thread for foods/supplements for anti-aging). Two supplements that will help your skin: Solgar skin, nails & hair supplement, and Solar L-lysine.

& use almond oil on the skin a couple times a week before going to bed. Use it this way: add a couple of drops into about a tsp. of water in the palm of your hand, rub all over face. This is such a great way to keep your skin supple and soft, reduce wrinkles...and you can use it anywhere else that is dry.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:56 am
Thanks for this thread! And the great tips!

side note of which I was reminded by the warning about ponds made in mexico....have you heard issues with amazon or e bay things not coming working or as described or like the original? have hesitated to order certain items like aerosols and cosmetics from amazon because of this....also some other items which arrived defective with no recourse Sad though I still order plenty via amazon....

crema

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 9:00 am
Narcissus, it is a myth that dermaplaning will grow your hair back thicker. Japanese women have been doing it for over a thousand years, daily. It removes the dead layer of skin cells and makes your skin glow. I have been doing it for over a year and I do not see any difference in the peach fuzz like it growing back thicker.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 9:12 am
crema wrote:
Regarding sauerkraut...yes, anything with cabbage, so sauerkraut is in that category.

Regarding short on time, stay out of the sun as much as possible, and use SPF, and if you change your diet to eat healthy (see thread for foods/supplements for anti-aging). Two supplements that will help your skin: Solgar skin, nails & hair supplement, and Solar L-lysine.

& use almond oil on the skin a couple times a week before going to bed. Use it this way: add a couple of drops into about a tsp. of water in the palm of your hand, rub all over face. This is such a great way to keep your skin supple and soft, reduce wrinkles...and you can use it anywhere else that is dry.

is almond oil better than jojoba oil?

crema

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 9:14 am
Clover, I have used Jojoba oil, and I feel almond oil is actually better. I seems to go into the skin much better than Jojoba oil.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics