Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Grill pan for dummies

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 9:05 am
I want to buy a grill pan. Please teach me a thing or 2 what to look for and how to buy one.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 9:18 am
I got a Calphelon at Target. I have one for Pesach too. I really like it. You have to let it get hot, then spray it, then let that got hot (less than a minute for each IME) then put in your, say, marinated grill chicken and let it cook for a few minutes on high on both sides.

Here's how I clean it: I let it soak for a few minutes, then I "scrub" it and dry it out with strips of old towels/shmattas. (I have enough I usually throw them out afterwards.)

Obviously you're not limited to chicken. You can grill whatever you would grill in it. Is it the same as an outdoor grill? No, but it's still pretty good and convenient.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 9:32 am
I got this one, an All Clad 11 inch grill pan, a few months ago. It is excellent:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

It practically rinses clean. After it cools down, I rinse it with warm water using the sink spray. Then I put some dish soap and warm water into it for a few minutes to soak off everything. Then I wipe it clean with a paper towel and then wash it with a gentle non-abrasive dish scrubber, like the Shabbos scrubbers. That last step is just because I am a bit obsessive-compulsive about having clean pots and pans.

I would not put it in the dishwasher, because that ruins the finish.

I got a great deal -- $31 -- by using CamelCamelCamel and their price watch feature. (I do that a lot.) But even at $60, which is what it is selling for now, it is much better than paying $15 for an IKEA grill pan that will start losing its finish in less than a dozen uses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen