Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/O Things that make life easier
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 3:44 pm
sara_s wrote:
Check out the Roborock. It mops floors too. The S5 max is good, but the S7 came out recently and I heard it's even better (it scrubs the floor instead of only sliding over with a mop)
You can't out soap in the tank but I prewet the rag with soap.

Is there any model that can clean wooden floors?

runninglate

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 3:49 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
This! I love it my little kids are petrified from it!
Same here! My two year old is afraid to come into the room if she sees it, even when it’s off!

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:47 pm
thesoundofmusic wrote:
please dont laugh at me:)
I did this once when I had to be away for a week:)

make a ton of penut butter/ any other spread sandwiches that you kids like- on very fresh bread- make sure to seal well in a baggie- freeze in advance at least 30 or 40 of them and in the mornings pop the sandwich into thier back pack- will be totally defrosted and fresh by the time they eat lunch.
you can do the same thing with snacks.
little kids could care less- and it saves a lot of sandwich making mishagas in the morning:)

My husband and I did that with pizza bagels
It’s great!!

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 9:48 pm
bump

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 10:04 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
That's part of why I love roomba.. after supper my house is full of crumbs/little dirt /dust. Theres a ton of toys also. I quickly clean up the toys then turn on roomba. When I come down everything is spotless. Imo roomba is worth every penny. In fact I have 2 ☺️ one for each floor! No cleaning help..

Which model?

ila

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 10:08 pm
My instantpot - it has airfyier also but I use mainly to pressure cook and loooove it!
A good can opener

aimhabanim

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 10:51 pm
ila wrote:
My instantpot - it has airfyier also but I use mainly to pressure cook and loooove it!
A good can opener

I’m actually trying to find a good can opener and having a harder time than I expected which one do you recommend?

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 11:36 pm
A floor grabber during a difficult pregnancy.

Turned out to be a lifesaver

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 12:06 am
I'm curious about the instapot, for those who have it. How many pieces of chicken can you cook at a time? I was thinking it would save me so much time on shabbos prep- but if I can't fit enough chicken to feed my family it would not help much.

Also, the Dyson stick vac. Does it have attachments for cleaning in tight spaces etc.?

Thanks.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 12:19 am
My Israel list:

Instant pot, but I'm in Israel, so my Sauter multicooker. It makes dinner so much easier!
Sensibo- controls my air conditioners through an app, allows for multiday scheduling. I never have the shaon shabbat stress anymore
Xiomi Robot Vacuum

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 12:35 am
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
My Israel list:

Instant pot, but I'm in Israel, so my Sauter multicooker. It makes dinner so much easier!
Sensibo- controls my air conditioners through an app, allows for multiday scheduling. I never have the shaon shabbat stress anymore
Xiomi Robot Vacuum

How many pieces of chicken (bone-in) do you fit in the sauter at a time? And how long does it take to cook?

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 12:41 am
[quote="Moonlight"]Haha me too! Thanks BCP for the tip![/quote

How is that different than texting?

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:27 am
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
I run my house in a way that I am CONSTANTLY looking for things to make my life easier. I have ADHD and a large family B"H so to stay sane and calm and keep things at least minimally functioning, I am always on the lookout for ways to improve things.

Here's a very partial list:

- Blackout curtains! I got 100% blackout from Walmart, they are very cheap and do a great job. Kids sleep better with darker rooms, and I can close the shades early on a summer night to encourage sleepiness.

- Large washing machine. I used to have to do two loads where now I can do one!

- Dishwasher with third rack for cutlery. I thought this was an unnecessary luxury. It makes unloading the dishwasher SO. MUCH. EASIER. that it actually gets done.

- Newer dryer with moisture sensor. Loads get more consistently dry, without wasting electricity on extra-long cycles.

- Online shopping! I have Walmart+, Target Circle and Amazon Prime. Instacart is too expensive for me, but I know it is great for a lot of people. I order food from frum stores online too. Other go-to websites for me are DriveGoods.com and Baytaynu.com.

- Smartwatch. I resisted this for a long time but it has enhanced my life immeasurably. I think I now have to split my life into "before watch" and "after watch."

- Ink tank printer. My kids need a lot of stuff printed for school and not having to keep "worry about ink" on the radar is very freeing!

- Standing dustpan. Every time I can't find mine and have to bend down to sweep the floor I thank Hashem again for mine.

You sound extremely organized and efficient. Love the life hacks.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics