Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
My dh shabbos shoes making lots of scuff marks

epic

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 3:07 pm
Hi
Wondering if anyone has a good idea for me.. every shabbos when my dh walks around with his shabbos shoes in my apt, all my parquet floors get loaded with scuff marks in all directions.. it's driving me crazy. I got hold of a spray called goof off which is a miracle remover literally for scuff marks, marker and the likes. But that's not a solution.. every Sunday I find myself going around in all my rooms, spraying up the floors and then rubbing away so the marks should come off.. anything I can do to the actual pair of shoes so that it doesn't create the awful marks in the first place? Tia

jellybelly94

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 3:10 pm
Yes have him keep em by the door. Sounds nuts but after few weeks of going crazy I had my husb switch to slippers when he came home....

epic

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 3:21 pm
jellybelly94 wrote:
Yes have him keep em by the door. Sounds nuts but after few weeks of going crazy I had my husb switch to slippers when he came home....

I was thinking of doing that but my dh wears laced shoes for shabbos.. I feel mean telling him to take them off before he steps into the house. I absolutely wouldn't mind for him to walk around in his shoes. My floors aren't in the best condition either way. It's just the scuffs that are getting on my nerves.

happy chick

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 3:26 pm
I don't have a solution, my kids do the same. But I usually just rub the scuffs w the tip of my Crocs and it comes off easily. I don't even have to bend down.

boat

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 3:28 pm
epic wrote:
Hi
Wondering if anyone has a good idea for me.. every shabbos when my dh walks around with his shabbos shoes in my apt, all my parquet floors get loaded with scuff marks in all directions.. it's driving me crazy. I got hold of a spray called goof off which is a miracle remover literally for scuff marks, marker and the likes. But that's not a solution.. every Sunday I find myself going around in all my rooms, spraying up the floors and then rubbing away so the marks should come off.. anything I can do to the actual pair of shoes so that it doesn't create the awful marks in the first place? Tia

Following. My concern is more the risers on my steps. Kids shoes included. I think the real solution is as mentioned above to take shoes off as a rule.

I did order the goof off just now...so thanks for that.

jellybelly94

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 3:31 pm
Yeah I kind of felt mean too but it literally got everywhere. So I just left easy slippers rite by door and just asked my husb rly nicely if he doesn't mind... Smile showed him all the scuffs after shbbs too so he knew I want crazy! (Then we had a guest over tht had such shoes lol n I cudnt say much abt tht maybe Hashem was showing me s.t lol!) But srsly I think it's ok to ask ur husb. My husb wears laced shoes too but it became routine. N honestly the next pair he bought he tried them out on our floors first lol

epic

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 6:20 pm
happy chick wrote:
I don't have a solution, my kids do the same. But I usually just rub the scuffs w the tip of my Crocs and it comes off easily. I don't even have to bend down.
the reason tje scuff marks on your floor come off that easily is due to the floors finish I assume.. as mentioned before, my floors are in bad shape.. some parts have raw wood exposed with the finish completely off and the scuffs don't budge unless I bend down with the goof off..

simcha2

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 7:07 pm
Three possible solutions
1) slippers inside, as mentioned above
2) higher quality shoes that don't scuff
3) have dh clean the floor motzei shabbos, which will inevitably lead to either 1 or 2 after a couple of weeks....

epic

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 7:36 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Three possible solutions
1) slippers inside, as mentioned above
2) higher quality shoes that don't scuff
3) have dh clean the floor motzei shabbos, which will inevitably lead to either 1 or 2 after a couple of weeks....
so that's what I was wondering. It has to do with the quality of the shoe? Like not all the hard soles will cause scuff marks?

boat

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:04 pm
epic wrote:
the reason tje scuff marks on your floor come off that easily is due to the floors finish I assume.. as mentioned before, my floors are in bad shape.. some parts have raw wood exposed with the finish completely off and the scuffs don't budge unless I bend down with the goof off..

I think it has to do with the shoe. Rubber soles leave scuff marks that rub right off, the men's shoes/hard heels that make noise when you walk leave behind that impossible scuff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry