Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
At what age did you start wearing make up?
1  2  Next

At what age did you start wearing make up?
 29%  [ 16 ]
 30%  [ 17 ]
 21%  [ 12 ]
 7%  [ 4 ]
20 and up  
 5%  [ 3 ]
15 or less  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 55

proudmom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 4:32 pm
I was 19 years old.

Tovah

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 4:33 pm
I have to admit I put down 16 on the vote but I actually went to buy make up at around 15 in ahalf.

shaina punim

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 4:35 pm
I started wearing a little makeup at 12

Tefila

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 4:38 pm
At shidduch age 8)

happymom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 4:39 pm
my mother didnt want us to wear makeup until we were in 12th grade so we didnt.

youngmom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 5:16 pm
summer after 12th grade.

hardwrknmom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 6:14 pm
after 12th grade...OMG is it just me but I noticed now 14 year old wearing makeup!! they think it looks good but it makes them look YEARS older!!

baby's mom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 6:18 pm
hardwrknmom wrote:
after 12th grade...OMG is it just me but I noticed now 14 year old wearing makeup!! they think it looks good but it makes them look YEARS older!!

I see 12-13 year olds!! Confused

shanie5

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 7:15 pm
when my friend "red" me my first shidduch at age 18, she then took me shopping for makeup and taught me to put it on. I wear it so often that I probably have some left in my drawer!!

chen

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 7:19 pm
Actually, I never really got into it that much. OK, I used to sneak into my sis's makeup drawer and play "beauty school" in the bathroom starting at around garde 7 or 8. (washed off before emerging.) icky sticky lip gloss in a pot in 9th or 10th garde. a little mascara on special occasions maybe in 11th grade, maybe in 10th. blush and eyeshadow to a family wedding at age 15 (I burned the picture Rolling Eyes). by the middle of my first year in college I decided I was old enough to wear lipstick every day. Tinted acne coverup was essential from HS through college.

Didn't wear full makeup till I started dating, which was...hmm...second year college, I think. by then I'd been practicing for 5 or 6 years.

supermom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 11:15 pm
now you understand why girls are getting engaged so young!!! Wink

I started wearing makeup in tenth grade 15 not the full makeup but just mascara. and the full I was seventeen lipstick, mascara, eyeshadow, lipliner.

RivkaS

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 11:40 pm
Wink I have to reject that... I started makeup at 13 and died my hair at 16 and I got married only at 22.... so now go and figure Colors

sarahd

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 1:42 am
Makeup was forbidden in my high school (they even inspected us before year-book pictures to make sure no one was ch"v wearing more than face-powder) and my parents didn't think much of it either, so I didn't wear any. I started in seminary, at 17-1/2, with cover-up, blush and lipstick (light shade). I resisted wearing mascara, eye-liner and shadow for years because of my seminary teacher's mussar lectures (how the BHM"K was destroyed because the Bnos Zion wore eye-liner.) I still almost never wear eye makeup.

RivkaS

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 2:01 am
sarahd wrote:
I resisted wearing mascara, eye-liner and shadow for years because of my seminary teacher's mussar lectures (how the BHM"K was destroyed because the Bnos Zion wore eye-liner.)
did they ever give you history lessons on Israelite and middle eastern and roman politics? that would be more effective to explain why happened what happened.... Mr. Green

Ima-to-angels

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 3:27 am
I was prob. abt 15. I've stopped wearing it except for special occaisions. Just too much fuss.

sarahd

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 3:41 am
RivkaS wrote:
sarahd wrote:
I resisted wearing mascara, eye-liner and shadow for years because of my seminary teacher's mussar lectures (how the BHM"K was destroyed because the Bnos Zion wore eye-liner.)
did they ever give you history lessons on Israelite and middle eastern and roman politics? that would be more effective to explain why happened what happened.... Mr. Green

Nope, this was mussar/hashkafa class, based on the posuk in Yeshayahu "Yaan ki govhu benos Zion, vateilachna netuyos goron...mesakros be'eineihem." In any case, Middle Eastern politics are hardly the reason why the churban happened, as I'm sure you yourself know.

RivkaS

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 3:56 am
oh yes, Sinat Hinam is a nice euphemism for "middle eastern politics" you should follow the israeli politics of today to understand that.... Wink

sarahd

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 5:34 am
Irrelevant, my dear. Yeshaya was speaking about Bayis Rishon. You're referring to Bayis Sheini. Wink

miriam

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 7:54 am
Makeup.. what's that? I haven't started wearing it yet. I guess I am too young, Just kidding. It's never been my style and BARUCH HASHEM I married someone who doesn't like makeup either.

RivkaS

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 9:32 am
sarahd wrote:
Irrelevant, my dear. Yeshaya was speaking about Bayis Rishon. You're referring to Bayis Sheini. Wink

hu, who, what, where?
I should not post things when I am sleepy... Black Eye
usually I am good at NaCh... usually... *making faces*....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics