Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
BAILA do you like this name??
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:50 am
My baby was named this past shabbos Baila (after my husbands grandmother) but now I'm having second thoughts about it. Mad
I think I was overtaken by harmones/emotions (typical post partum mood) and I feel like I didnt make a wise decision. Sad

I would appreciate any words of encouragement...maybe you can help me find a cute nickname. I need to distract all my negative thoughts/feelings and change them into positive.

Thanks in advance

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:51 am
I have a friend named Baila. I really like the name.

Bailey is an adorable nickname, and if it's important to you it can pass in the secular world as well. It's a very popular girl's name right now.

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:55 am
Mazel Tov!

This is my daughter's name, after my grandmother. What's really funny is that her second name is a classical tanachi name and we were going to call her by that name. Somehow we wound up calling her Baila and it just grew on us.

Will calling her Bailey make you happier?

farmom

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:56 am
My daughter is Baila and I love it. It comes from the Italian Bella, meaning beautiful.

one happy mommy

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:57 am
I love the name Baila! Mazal Tov!
I hope with time you'll like the name

imaima

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:59 am
I like the name and the meaning. It is one of those names that work well in both secular and Jewish world. You can put Bella in the birth certificate.

I wish you that your girly lives up to this name, both in her middos ans her looks!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:00 am
I love the name! I was hoping to give that name but my younger kids are all boys. Every Baila I’ve known has been warm, kind, and smart. Mazel tov on your beautiful Baila! Lots of nachas!

Elfrida

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:17 am
In Yiddish it means white. It is also meant to be a Yiddish pronunciation of Bilhah. She doesn't get the attention that the Imahot get, but she lived in Ya'akov's home, and gave birth to two of the Shvatim.

Keep using the name and it will grow on you. It could just be hormones now that are making you take a dislike to the name. You can call her Bella, or Bell if you like.

Last edited by Elfrida on Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:19 am
I have a niece named Baila. Her mother didn’t love the name, and decided to call her Bella instead.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:22 am
Love it, it's the latest trending name where I live. I'll probably give Baila after a grandmother but I'd call the baby Bella.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:28 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Mazel Tov!

This is my daughter's name, after my grandmother. What's really funny is that her second name is a classical tanachi name and we were going to call her by that name. Somehow we wound up calling her Baila and it just grew on us.

Will calling her Bailey make you happier?

Just FYI: Bailey's is a very well known brand for coffee liquor.
Reminds me of a young canadian woman named Brandy. Probably named after yiddische grandmother Breindy...
IMHO it's wise to stay away from names which have an alcohol association...

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:48 am
Bailey is one of my favorite names !!

farmom

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:51 am
Elfrida wrote:
In Yiddish it means white. It is also meant to be a Yiddish pronunciation of Bilhah. She doesn't get the attention that the Imahot get, but she lived in Ya'akov's home, and gave birth to two of the Shvatim.

Keep using the name and it will grow on you. It could just be hormones now that are making you take a dislike to the name. You can call her Bella, or Bell if you like.

Isn't white in Yiddish veiss?

In Russian, white is byeli. But when I researched it, it really seemed as though the Yiddish name Baila originally came from the Spanish Bella (despite it being a name common in Ashkenazi Jews in Russian speaking countries)

ETA:
I see this article brings all the options
https://www.chabad.org/library.....m.htm

Last edited by farmom on Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:52 am
I don’t like it but I absolutely love Bella

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:04 am
Bella or Bailey both cute.

I felt the same after I named my daughter less than 24 hrs after she was born due to parental pressure. The name grew on me but sometimes I still wonder why I needed to be rushed to name her.

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:05 am
I can't wait to have a girl so I can name her Baila after my mother A"H. So far I have 4 boys...

realsilver

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:26 am
Bella is trending now! Its a very pretty name!

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:27 am
My daughter spells it Bayla. Her friend is Bayli. I think it’s cute!

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:24 am
My great grandma’s mom was Bayla.

My husbands grandma was Bayla. I met her once after my wedding. She passed away a few months later just after my son was born.

My grandpa had a sister Bayla.

My nieces are called Baila or Baily or Baiy

We all love the name.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:28 am
I have a close friend name Baila. She is really a special, all around, well liked person. She is also very talented in many ways. Mazel tov and enjoy your precious Baila!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names