Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
BAILA do you like this name??
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:30 am
It's a gorgeous name.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:33 am
Mazel tov!! My daughter is Baila, named after my husband’s grandmother. I disliked the name but was expected to give it. My mil would have been really upset if not. It grew on me over the last number of years. As your daughter gets older, you associate the name with her and the feelings you have for her connect to the name.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:35 am
It is a beautiful name! Short and easy to pronounce by everyone. When I think of the name Baila, I picture a sweet, happy and refined girl. I hope you grow to love the name and may you only have nachas from your daughter!

miriamg

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:42 am
My friend Baila told me that is an acronym for ברוך ה' לעולם אמן. Thought that was beautiful and forever changed the way I view the name. Mazal tov and enjoy your beautiful daughter!

sky

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:45 am
I like the name a lot.
It also works in English well which is nice.

(Bella is actually a diff Jewish name)

Personally - I had a lot of doubts about the name I chose for one of my children. It was choosing 2 diff versions of the same name. I was convinced I chose wrong. I couldn’t call my child the name. I couldn’t say it. Many years later it is obvious it is the best name for her.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:00 am
That’s my name!! I actually love it. I’m the only one in my family with a Yiddish name but it’s pretty common and easy to say and not strange. I also work in the non Jewish world and everyone always comments they live my name and ask me it’s origin

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:11 am
if I have to give the name it would be beiley - chassidish

I hate that name.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:04 am
Hi op. Wondering if u live in a primarily litvish area? I do and have a grandmother golda who we hope to name after sometime. I’ve mentioned to people that I don’t like the name and they are floored. When you are surrounded by so many beautiful names from Tanach and hebrew names with nice meanings it’s hard to get passed the Yiddish sound. I totally feel you. I’d give a more American sounding nickname..

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:08 am
I have learned that Baila is a Holy name. It stands for Baruch Hashem Leolam Amen.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:11 am
miriamg wrote:
My friend Baila told me that is an acronym for ברוך ה' לעולם אמן. Thought that was beautiful and forever changed the way I view the name. Mazal tov and enjoy your beautiful daughter!

This is what I came on here to post. I also had mixed feelings about the name until I heard this. It is a beautiful meaning.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:15 am
I LOVE the name Baila. Heart

Ellie7

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:17 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Just FYI: Bailey's is a very well known brand for coffee liquor.
Reminds me of a young canadian woman named Brandy. Probably named after yiddische grandmother Breindy...
IMHO it's wise to stay away from names which have an alcohol association...

It’s not coffee actually. It’s Irish cream. But either way, Bailey is also a pretty common name. I don’t think there’s that strong an association to the alcohol. I probably wouldn’t name a child “Tequila,” however…

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:21 am
realsilver wrote:
Bella is trending now! Its a very pretty name!

Where? Curious to know

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:22 am
Love the name! Great choice.

Beyla

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:27 am
I love this name!!

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:30 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Where? Curious to know

In America. It’s something like #50 in popular girl names past few years.

There is also a large frum family ‘dynasty’ with many girls whose Hebrew name is actually Bella.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:43 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Just FYI: Bailey's is a very well known brand for coffee liquor.
Reminds me of a young canadian woman named Brandy. Probably named after yiddische grandmother Breindy...
IMHO it's wise to stay away from names which have an alcohol association...

Tell that to all the girls named Sherry!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:47 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Where? Curious to know

In the US, inspired by the popular "Twilight" book/movie series, which made a previously old-fashioned name more well-known among younger people.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:51 am
We named my baby afew months ago two names after a grandmother one of the names is Baila and we decided on calling her Baila . After the first week I started regretting that we chose to call her Baila and thought the other name was cuter sounding. Now after Afew months she is such a Baila and I can’t imagine calling her the other name. She is so cute kah and the name Baila grew on me and I like it . But thanks op for starting this thread because with everyone’s positive comments about the name I feel even better that we call her Baila. She also such a smiley baby kah that I call her smiley biley lol

EstyEF

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 12:17 pm
If it’s any consolation, I teach preschool and we have a Baila almost every year. All adorable little girls, so yours will be in good company.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names