Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Problems putting self to sleep

myomi

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 7:57 pm
ok,here's my issue,my baby is 8 months old,and I used to rock hi mto sleep till he was 6 months old and decided its enpught,so I pit him in his crib gave him his bottle and let him fall asleep,now I have a problem,he loves to sleep on his side to begin with then goes onto his back,when he starts to fall asleep he goes onto his side,but flips onto his belly,thus shocking himself,then he screams(as he is doing now was I right this) until u flip him back,,,but he knows how to turn over in both directions,,,so I either have to keep flipping him,or eventually rock him to sleep then put him down,I cant keep this up forever and I dont want to keep getting him used to me rocking him to sleep.what should I do?let him cry and scream?or go in and flip him again for the 10th time tonight in 1/2 an hr?oooooooooooy!please gimme some advice!

nicole81

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 10:44 pm
I would either a) let him cry or b) rock him when he's ready to go to bed and when he's really knowckd out and almost asleep but not quite, put him on his tummy. he should be tired enough to fall asleep this way and after a few times doing this, he'll be used to sleeping on both tummy and back. then you just gotta get rid of the rocking again:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics