Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Pericarditis following Covid booster
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:21 pm
My DS who is in his 20s, without any medical history, got the booster last week.

I was nervous about it, and didn't want him to get it, but it was his decision. He is dating and travelling and wanted to feel 'covered'.

Several days later, he developed chest pain. He just saw a doctor, and the doctor thinks it is pericarditis (inflammation of the lining of the heart). I am SO upset and besides myself! I know it is considered a mild condition, and supposed to resolve B"H on its own (and some anti-inflammatory pain medication), but it does not make me feel better Sad

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:30 pm
Refua shlaima!!!

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:32 pm
Refuah shelaima! So scary when you think these side effects only happen to "other people" and then it happens to your own child! Iyh he should be ok!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My DS who is in his 20s, without any medical history, got the booster last week.

I was nervous about it, and didn't want him to get it, but it was his decision. He is dating and travelling and wanted to feel 'covered'.

Several days later, he developed chest pain. He just saw a doctor, and the doctor thinks it is pericarditis (inflammation of the lining of the heart). I am SO upset and besides myself! I know it is considered a mild condition, and supposed to resolve B"H on its own (and some anti-inflammatory pain medication), but it does not make me feel better Sad

My 20 yr old had a scare after his second shot and he was recommended to a cardiologist, but BH it turned out to not be that… so hopefully your son won’t have it either!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:57 pm
Op- pericarditis is not mild and does not resolve on its own. Its quite serious. What motivated him to get the booster exactly at age 20? This is so crazy. So many adverse effects being hidden from people.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:01 pm
Oh no... A new covid thread... I'll grab the popcorn.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:03 pm
Aside from expecting this thread to become very confusing, I wish you peace of mind and your son a refuah shleima.
Just imagine if he had a major case of covid how you would feel as well. It's all in the hands of Hashem. He will have a refuah shleimah and find his bashert soon.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Refuah shelaima but false. As false as saying "there are no adverse effects to this vaccine". The truth is he is now at increased risk of heart attack for the rest of his life. You deserve to know the truth so you can react accordingly.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:05 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Refuah shelaima but false. As false as saying "there are no adverse effects to this vaccine". The truth is he is now at increased risk of heart attack for the rest of his life. You deserve to know the truth so you can react accordingly.

Pericarditis is usually mild and goes away without treatment.

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:05 pm
Stop taking those vaccines. You are not any better off than the unvaccinated.

Frumnurse2021

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:25 pm
Hi,
I wanted to share my own experience and also want to reassure the mom who is concerned about her son after receiving the booster. I am a young nurse (and therefore had to get vaccinated). I received the first dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine, and about 36 hours after began having excessive chest pain, rapid heart rate, and shortness of breath. My doctor, who is an excellent diagnostician, said my symptoms are most likely related to myo/pericarditis; he stated that he is seeing other young patients presenting with these symptoms. I also saw a cardiologist who stated that my symptoms may be an adrenergic (fight or flight) response to the vaccine and not a cardiac issue at all, he even told me I can receive the second dose.
He is not an alarmist and didn't even recommend I see a cardiologist- he recommended I take baby Aspirin for 30 days to prevent any clotting, as well as NSAID's as needed for pain. It took 6 weeks for my symptoms to resolve. BH, I am feeling completely back to myself.
My PCP is not an alarmist on any level, so it kind of scared me when he strongly advised against me getting the second dose.
Even though it may not be 100% detrimental to my health to get another dose, having such a severe reaction to this, or any vaccine, is not a normal immune response- please consult with daas torah and your doctor about vaccinating your young adults, as the risk for a severe reaction from the vaccine may outweigh any benefit the vaccine offers.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

OP, I feel for you. One concept that is helping me, is that when it comes to emunah, it's a lot easier when it seems that the situation we're in was caused by something outside of our control.

For instance, if someone's house was chvsh destroyed in an earthquake, it's easier to have emunah that it was meant to happen, than if the door was left unlocked and the house was robbed. If the house is robbed, we think that it wouldn't have happened if we had remembered to lock the door or installed better security.

But in truth, it happened the way it did because it was meant to.

Your ds, for whatever reasons that we can never understand, was meant to be in this exact situation. He was meant to speak to the doctors he spoke to and hear the advice they gave him, and read the news articles he read, that made him feel the booster would be safe.

His current situation has nothing to do with anything you did or didn't or could have said or done. When moshiach comes we will have our answers.

Until then, wishing your ds a refuah shleima b'karov.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:35 pm
Refuah Shleima to him, (((hugs))) to you.

mommyX2

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:40 pm
refuah shelaima!

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:46 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

Did you get your degree from an accredited medical school, or from Google Snakeoil School?

Periocarditis does not increase your risk of heart disease in the future, according to reliable sources, although it can be caused by a heart attack. https://www.heartandstroke.ca/.....doesn't%20make%20you,heart%20disease%20in%20the%20future.&text=Although%20pericarditis%20doesn't%20increase,and%20lead%20a%20healthy%20lifestyle.

OP, refuah shleima to your son.

Close this thread. Ignore everyone, myself included. Make sure he talks to a cardiologist to get real information.

frummiebackhome

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:47 pm
Frumnurse2021 wrote:
Hi,
I wanted to share my own experience and also want to reassure the mom who is concerned about her son after receiving the booster. I am a young nurse (and therefore had to get vaccinated). I received the first dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine, and about 36 hours after began having excessive chest pain, rapid heart rate, and shortness of breath. My doctor, who is an excellent diagnostician, said my symptoms are most likely related to myo/pericarditis; he stated that he is seeing other young patients presenting with these symptoms. I also saw a cardiologist who stated that my symptoms may be an adrenergic (fight or flight) response to the vaccine and not a cardiac issue at all, he even told me I can receive the second dose.
He is not an alarmist and didn't even recommend I see a cardiologist- he recommended I take baby Aspirin for 30 days to prevent any clotting, as well as NSAID's as needed for pain. It took 6 weeks for my symptoms to resolve. BH, I am feeling completely back to myself.
My PCP is not an alarmist on any level, so it kind of scared me when he strongly advised against me getting the second dose.
Even though it may not be 100% detrimental to my health to get another dose, having such a severe reaction to this, or any vaccine, is not a normal immune response- please consult with daas torah and your doctor about vaccinating your young adults, as the risk for a severe reaction from the vaccine may outweigh any benefit the vaccine offers.

Have you heard about mixing and matching the vaccines?
I took the astra zeneca/oxford and now I'm having a pfizer booster. Maybe you could have a different one from your first

Frumnurse2021

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:52 pm
Frummiebackhome, do you know if I can get the J and J after getting 1 dose of Pfizer?
Would that be cosidered "fully vaccinated"?

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:57 pm
Frumnurse2021 wrote:
Frummiebackhome, do you know if I can get the J and J after getting 1 dose of Pfizer?

You can't get a medical exemption? I have a govt approved exemption for recurring pericarditis. Its so painful. I can't imagine doing something that might actually increase my risk or knowingly could trigger a flare. This is your health you are dealing with and you are probably not an at risk covid group. I hope you can get an exemption. Hugs that this is even a consideration for you to have to take further shots Sad.

frummiebackhome

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:58 pm
Frumnurse2021 wrote:

I don't know the current protocol in America.
In Brazil where I live ppl who had JJ single dose now have to take a booster.
There was a pregnant lady who died after the az dose and after that tragedy they banned astra zeneca for prégnants. So everybody who had the az for the 1st dose had a different one for second. I believe this would be your case especially with a doctor's statement.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:31 pm
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
Aside from expecting this thread to become very confusing, I wish you peace of mind and your son a refuah shleima.
Just imagine if he had a major case of covid how you would feel as well. It's all in the hands of Hashem. He will have a refuah shleimah and find his bashert soon.

Stop the fear-mongering. The chances of this happening is close to zero.

The first part of the bold, not the second part. Second part def true
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics