Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss group
1  2  Next

mommyk3

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:48 pm
Hi I tried dieting many times now I’m trying on my own to watch but scale not really moving! Really don’t want to spend on nutritionist now . I know what I need to do.. can we get some ladies to group / what app ? Together and encourage each other ? Maybe Post different food ideas pictures. I think it would encourage one another and get whoever in moving.. anyone know how to go about such a thing .. ?

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:49 pm
That kind of thing leads to eating disorders. Even if you're not at risk, you don't know who is.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:53 pm
mommyk3 wrote:
Hi I tried dieting many times now I’m trying on my own to watch but scale not really moving! Really don’t want to spend on nutritionist now . I know what I need to do.. can we get some ladies to group / what app ? Together and encourage each other ? Maybe Post different food ideas pictures. I think it would encourage one another and get whoever in moving.. anyone know how to go about such a thing .. ?

It's a great idea. Kinda like what Fit with Fay has (anyone follow her?) but without it costing. I would love that.

Is it possible you can make a group and post the link here so whoever wants to join can (without having to link our user name to our phone number).

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
It's a great idea. Kinda like what Fit with Fay has (anyone follow her?) but without it costing. I would love that.

Is it possible you can make a group and post the link here so whoever wants to join can (without having to link our user name to our phone number).

Great idea!! I would love to join! I follow Fit with Fay status and it looks like the group is really encouraging.

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:56 pm
Id love to join!! In a good place with eating now but always need encouragement not to slide backwards!

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:39 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

Yes that exactly what I’m thinking about but really not good at this . Opening up group … anyone here interested and can get it started? Please let me know …

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:52 pm
Ill start it.
Will post once it's up.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:59 pm
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
That kind of thing leads to eating disorders. Even if you're not at risk, you don't know who is.

I think that’s a bit much. People don’t get eating disorders from supporting each other in weight loss endeavours.

Eating disorders are a complex, multi factorial chronic issues as is obesity.

I’m not for a minute giving an opinion here on weight loss or diet culture or anything else. Just the concept that a group of women supporting each other does not create eating disorders.

If anyone wants my opinion on weight loss itself, I’ll be happy to share in another post.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:02 am
People don't get eating disorders from the group, but they do have their disordered behaviors reinforced and spread them to others. Just because it's multifaceted doesn't mean this well documented facet doesn't exist.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:02 am
https://chat.whatsapp.com/KLVN.....LyPkx

All set up!! Please join and pass on the link to anyome who may benefit.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:20 am
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
People don't get eating disorders from the group, but they do have their disordered behaviors reinforced and spread them to others. Just because it's multifaceted doesn't mean this well documented facet doesn't exist.

Sources?

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:42 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/KLVN2HiYEJe8k12cSLyPkx

All set up!! Please join and pass on the link to anyome who may benefit.

Thanks so much! That was quick ! I hope we will be able to help each other and we all have easy weight loss!!

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:55 am
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
Thanks so much! That was quick ! I hope we will be able to help each other and we all have easy weight loss!!

Amen!

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 1:10 am
Thanks I joined!

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:00 am
Just bumping up for more ppl who would like to join . Check the link let do this together …

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:21 am
Thanks so much for creating!

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 11:21 am
andrea levy wrote:
Sources?

Me. I'm a source. I joined a watsapp group a few years ago and it celebrated eating very little and exercising and there was this hoo rah for pushing yourself an saying no..... and I just kept at it, losing and losing and everyone was so impressed and encouraged me further and I pushed myself harder.
I ended up with an eating disorder. That then turned in to a binge disorder and I deal with this until today.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 4:02 pm
[quote="amother [ Caramel ]"]Me. I'm a source. I joined a watsapp group a few years ago and it celebrated eating very little and exercising and there was this hoo rah for pushing yourself an saying no..... and I just kept at it, losing and losing and everyone was so impressed and encouraged me further and I pushed myself harder.
I ended up with an eating disorder. That then turned in to a binge disorder and I deal with this until today.[/quote

I’m sorry that happened to you. I hope that you’ve found peace. I did not offer my opinion on diets at all but I guarantee you that eating as little as possible doesnt work for anyone. I CAN back that up with sources for anyone who is interested.

And to give you perspective, while I’ve lost an enormous amount of weight, I’m still very overweight and extremely clear on the fact that I’m happy and healthy and that losing more is not necessarily in my best interest, after forty five years of completely disordered eating, I am at peace with Weightloss and obesity both.

I found that peace through sharing of support through many online groups and have provided support for many people in different ways.

Wishing you a complete refuah shlemah! ( and encouraging you to am for happy and healthy And not a scale or dress size.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:49 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
Me. I'm a source. I joined a watsapp group a few years ago and it celebrated eating very little and exercising and there was this hoo rah for pushing yourself an saying no..... and I just kept at it, losing and losing and everyone was so impressed and encouraged me further and I pushed myself harder.
I ended up with an eating disorder. That then turned in to a binge disorder and I deal with this until today.

I just gave this to someone else. If anyone finds it used, please enjoy. If not, disregard.

I have a book ( an e book that my prof gave me last year- it’s a free ebook meant for teens and their parents.)

It’s a nearly 500 page book in pdf form. Not the usual pdf about eating nsng.

The book is called Redefining Wellness. If you want the pdf, pm me your email. I dont know how to attach a pdf here.

The hard copy of the book is sold as a fund raiser, but the ebook is free, with the intention of stopping these issues while a person is young. Stopping these issues does not necessarily mean losing weight. It means not devastating a young person by making them feel broken when they aren’t slim. The concept is intuitive eating, healthy at any size and related concepts which may or may not help a specific individual but the book can really teach us about how to be sensitive and not do further damage.

It also addresses fat stigma.

https://www.redefiningwellness.co/

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:12 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Sources?

Andrea can you join the group?
I really think people there can benefit from your wisdom and knowledge. And experience.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise