Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
First pair of shoes

My kid(s) started at size
<19  
 33%  [ 11 ]
 18%  [ 6 ]
 18%  [ 6 ]
>20  
 30%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 33

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:18 pm
I have a credit at saks that expires in the next few days. I found a cute pair of geox sneakers that I would love to get for my baby who is just starting to walk. I feel like most kids start off at size 19 or 20, is that right? He’s my first so I don’t have kids to compare with.
Obviously I will make sure to bring him to someone who can make sure they have a proper fit, but if I can avoid spending who knows how much on shoes that won’t last more than a few months, I want to take that opportunity.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:20 pm
There is usually sizing online. Can you measure your baby’s foot on a shoe size printout (you can find online)?

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:32 pm
My son was a 22 at 13 months…
Don’t order without measuring

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:33 pm
tigerwife wrote:
There is usually sizing online. Can you measure your baby’s foot on a shoe size printout (you can find online)?

I would but he’s asleep. Thanks though!

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:37 pm
Take your. Baby to Get professionally fitted For his first shoes

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:49 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
Take your. Baby to Get professionally fitted For his first shoes

Did you read my OP? I wouldn’t have my baby wear shoes without making sure they’re properly fitted. I know geox is a reputable company and if I could get a good deal and then make sure they fit, I would like that. If they don’t fit, he won’t wear them.

Mom++

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:50 pm
usually 19- 20, echoing the advice, first pair you should get expertly fitted.
Get something for yourself Smile

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:01 pm
Some babies are later walkers. Some have wider feet. I have bought geox on sale and it worked great! I have bought geox on sale and I had to send it back because I couldn't get my wide kids foot into it.

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a credit at saks that expires in the next few days. I found a cute pair of geox sneakers that I would love to get for my baby who is just starting to walk. I feel like most kids start off at size 19 or 20, is that right? He’s my first so I don’t have kids to compare with.
Obviously I will make sure to bring him to someone who can make sure they have a proper fit, but if I can avoid spending who knows how much on shoes that won’t last more than a few months, I want to take that opportunity.

4/5 of my kids started with a 21. Don't buy without measuring.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:49 pm
Ended up buying something for my husband, thanks everyone!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:14 am
https://mishpacha.com/an-ocean-of-love

(The "he" is Rav Nosson Tzvi Finkel, zt"l) One week, he described how as a yungerman, he was walking along with Reb Chaim Shmuelevitz, engrossed in learning. They walked up the road across from the Mirrer Yeshiva, passing by a strip of stores, and Reb Chaim suddenly stopped in front of one of them. It was a shoe store, and in the doorway was a large basket filled with little children’s footwear, a mountain of tiny shoes. Reb Chaim was silent for one minute, two minutes, and then a tear fell from his eye.

Rav Nosson Tzvi was bewildered. Reb Chaim explained. “I saw the pile of little shoes, shoes that will be purchased by mothers for their own toddlers, most likely the first pair. I started to think about the feelings of a mother buying that first pair of shoes for her child and the joy that will fill her tender heart as she prepares to equip him for the path ahead. Contemplating her joy, I feel it too, and therefore I cry.”

That was the shmuess. That day, we cried along.

Whatever the shoes you get, mazel tov on this milestone! May he walk on the derech hayoshor, with you cheering him on, till 120!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:24 am
PinkFridge wrote:
https://mishpacha.com/an-ocean-of-love

(The "he" is Rav Nosson Tzvi Finkel, zt"l) One week, he described how as a yungerman, he was walking along with Reb Chaim Shmuelevitz, engrossed in learning. They walked up the road across from the Mirrer Yeshiva, passing by a strip of stores, and Reb Chaim suddenly stopped in front of one of them. It was a shoe store, and in the doorway was a large basket filled with little children’s footwear, a mountain of tiny shoes. Reb Chaim was silent for one minute, two minutes, and then a tear fell from his eye.

Rav Nosson Tzvi was bewildered. Reb Chaim explained. “I saw the pile of little shoes, shoes that will be purchased by mothers for their own toddlers, most likely the first pair. I started to think about the feelings of a mother buying that first pair of shoes for her child and the joy that will fill her tender heart as she prepares to equip him for the path ahead. Contemplating her joy, I feel it too, and therefore I cry.”

That was the shmuess. That day, we cried along.

Whatever the shoes you get, mazel tov on this milestone! May he walk on the derech hayoshor, with you cheering him on, till 120!

Wow!
Amen!

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:43 am
Op since you haven't yet, buy a soft pair for first shoes. Soft flexible sole with wide toe box. I do Robeez until like 18 months or whenever they're really walking for real (push it off as long as possible) and then use See Kai run or ten little.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics