Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
If you painted your house using light gray
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 11:43 am
What color did you use?
I just bought a sample of the color I thought would be nice… put some on the walls and it looks a drop blue and silver.
I just want a simple light gray.
Using Sherwin Williams paint.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 11:45 am
I used balboa mist and love it

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:01 pm
Repose gray is a true gray, won’t look like any other color. I did my bedrooms repose gray but I wanted a white with just a hint of gray for the rest of the house, so I went with eider white.

And paint places can match colors from other companies. All my paint is Behr from Home Depot but the colors are SW. I did Benjamin Moore revere pewter for my master bedroom and I love it! Not a true gray though, it can look beige or gray depending on the lighting.

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:03 pm
Stonington Gray in bedroom.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:09 pm
This is all so helpful. Thank you! I will go back to the store for more samples.
Help! I have like 3 days to decide…

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:11 pm
Paper White by Benjamin Moore
Google Jenna Kate's review of this paint color

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:13 pm
Lowe’s brand paint velspar

Use gravity. My friend used it literally everywhere in her house. Very nice light grey

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:36 pm
london fog- not a true grey. blends very nicely with taupe- cant see he differentiating line.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:54 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Repose gray is a true gray, won’t look like any other color. I did my bedrooms repose gray but I wanted a white with just a hint of gray for the rest of the house, so I went with eider white.

And paint places can match colors from other companies. All my paint is Behr from Home Depot but the colors are SW. I did Benjamin Moore revere pewter for my master bedroom and I love it! Not a true gray though, it can look beige or gray depending on the lighting.

Can you try to explain the difference between repose gray and revere pewter? They look similar.

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 1:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What color did you use?
I just bought a sample of the color I thought would be nice… put some on the walls and it looks a drop blue and silver.

I have Benjamin Moore collingswood. I love it. Perfectly gray. No blue or purple etc in it.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 1:09 pm
I used bemjamim Moore classic grey. It's very light and subtle. Don't trust anyone's word or pictures online. You need to buy samples and try it in all the rooms you will be painting it because it will look different depending on the light.

naomi2

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 1:19 pm
Moonshine

Basya

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 1:24 pm
I did light gray on top of chair rail moldings and darker gray below chair rail moldings throughout my house. I used Benjamin Moore Pebble Beach 1597 for top half and Marina Grey 1599 for bottom half. Bathrooms also grey- with Metro Gray 1459. Very happy with all 3 colors.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 2:12 pm
Repose gray is a true gray, no undertones of anything else. Looks just plain gray in any light.
Revere pewter is a taupe-ish gray. I love how it looks totally gray in some lighting and way more beige/taupe in different lighting.

smile18

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 2:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What color did you use?

Fyi,sherwin Williams is the least favorite brand painters like and prefer

happy12

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 2:24 pm
Benjamin moore pale oak

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 2:25 pm
I’ve seen a lot of people mention Agreeable Gray

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 2:26 pm
smile18 wrote:
Fyi,sherwin Williams is the least favorite brand painters like and prefer

My painter did sherwin Williams (when I had colors of Benjamin Moore that I liked he mixed colors of sherwin Williams to get that exact color!) very happy five years later

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 2:32 pm
Edgecomb grey for living room and dining room
Many people used that color
Benjamin moore

Basya

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 2:58 pm
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
My painter did sherwin Williams (when I had colors of Benjamin Moore that I liked he mixed colors of sherwin Williams to get that exact color!) very happy five years later

I had a very bad experience doing that. The mixed result was nothing like the original.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating