Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Share something nice that someone said

happytobemom

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:13 pm
Here's a topic I stumbled upon from 2018. It was long and went very off topic at one point but I loved the original so I'm starting it anew.

What was the nicest thing someone said to you? That put a smile on your face... made your day... gave you a pick-me-up... changed your outlook... made a difference in your life...

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:29 pm
Lots of people have said nice things to me so I don’t know if this is the nicest but it definitely comes to mind:
I was going through a horrible crisis and felt hopeless. I was sure I was going to fall apart or lay down and die. I reached out to someone and told them what was going on. She said - you are a strong person, you’re a mama bear. You are going to fight to protect your kids. You kept them safe till now and you’re going to do whatever it takes to make them safe.
It was so empowering. I still take that feeling of empowerment with me whenever I feel down.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:17 am
My dad: "You always look like you just stepped out of the shower." This didn't mean I looked like a drowned rat, but that I looked neat,clean, fresh, trim, and well-groomed.

A neighbor at the door: "Wow, your apartment is so NEAT!"

A coworker: "You always cheer me up."

My sister (after I challenged her to tell me one thing she liked about me--I was about 13): "I like the way you treat Fira." Fira was a classmate who didn't have a whole lot of friends.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 12:57 pm
Why do I feel like Noone says anything nice to me?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 2:05 pm
Maybe because you don't pay attention. Some people pay attention and remember only the bad stuff and none of the good. I prefer to remember the good and forget the not-so-good.

But you could be right, you could be surrounded by people who aren't nice, or by people who believe that one should never praise a person in their hearing. The reality is that you shouldn't praise a person entirely in their hearing.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 2:12 pm
"Something nice" as OP describes it isn't necessarily a compliment. It can be something inspiring or memorable. It could even, dare I say it, be something critical of you that made you improve yourself.

Rubies

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 2:13 pm
I was at a most vulnerable and exhausted period on my life. I was just pulling along and trying to survive. Sitting at the pediatrician with my then hyperactive kid was just another cherry on the top of all the stressful things going on then. Finally, as I was heading out a woman turned to me and said 'I'm so impressed with how patient you are with your child. I'm amazed at how calm you are.'

That kept me going for weeks. She has no idea how much her words meant to me at that time.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 2:29 pm
My friend said my house looked so neat during a unexpected visit

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 2:29 pm
A customer once came into my store and she told me that her mother was very sick and she didn't know what to do, I suggested she say some Tehillim (she wasn't religious). She came back in about a year later and told me that sadly her mother had passed away shortly after then but she had gone out to buy a Tehillim at that time and since then she has been saying Tehillim! I was so touched. It really taught me that you just never know the impact you can have on someone's life - just by listening to someone.

It reminded me of another story of my neighbor who's mother suddenly passed away. She lived in the same building as her mother. One morning her mother phoned her that she wasn't feeling well. She went over to her mother's apartment about a half hour later and found her mother not breathing. She started to scream for help and I ran over and tried to do CPR until Hatzolah came but it was too late. She landed up hospitalized and needed psychiatric care. I saw her after she was discharged and she told me that a Rabbi had visited her and given her an Artscroll siddur - and it literally changed her life. I'm pretty sure that she ended up divorcing her non-Jewish husband.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:04 pm
I'll never forget hearing my grandfather a"h telling my grandmother am"v how well raised my children were.

singleagain

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:11 pm
This morning I woke up to my boss asking me to close the store. So I did. And as I was helping someone, who was so very pleasant and nice. He commented on how helpful I was. And it just made me feel all glowy.

Customer service is hard. So if you appreciate the help someone gave you, tell them (and their manager) it's such and easy way to make someone's day.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:14 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Here's a topic I stumbled upon from 2018. It was long and went very off topic at one point but I loved the original so I'm starting it anew.

What was the nicest thing someone said to you? That put a smile on your face... made your day... gave you a pick-me-up... changed your outlook... made a difference in your life...

I was dealing with something having to do with one of my kids this morning, and when I was done, the teacher/rebbi texted me “good job, mom”
Literally made my day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational