Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
I put tomatoes in the freezer

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:40 am
I am losing my mind. Can't Believe It
came home from a huge shopping trip exhausted yesterday and put things away half sleeping. searching everywhere for the tomatoes and found them in the freezer.
what should I do with them now!

(Yes I have a baby that wakes up way too many time a night.)

mig100

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:41 am
you can probably use them in a cooked dish. thanks for the laugh. I guess there were times that I would have done that..so I find this amusing

Elfrida

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:48 am
Tomato soup.

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-4166

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:52 am
Tomato dip. Just blend them and add a bit of oil, garlic, salt and whatever spices you like.

crema

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:59 am
You can also add them to your spaghetti sauces and other dishes that require stewed tomatoes or sauce.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:42 am
Yeah, bh they can be salvaged for things you can used cooked tomatoes in...better than a couple weeks ago when I apparently put 2 large cucumbers in the freezer and found them a few days later. :'(

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:55 am
Make shakshuka, ratatouille, pasta sauce, caponata or any dish that requires cooked tomatoes. They can also go in vegetable soup. When I have tomatoes that are starting to get a little long in the tooth, I try to remember to freeze them before they turn to compost and then add them to any dish made with tomato sauce.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 12:05 pm
That's actually a genius way to store extra tomatoes when they are in season and perfect ripeness!

Don't feel bad. I once put a half a bag of tater tots in the kitchen tool drawer. I didn't find them for weeks, until I needed to get a screwdriver. TMI

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 5:31 pm
They say that you shouldn't worry if you put your keys in the microwave; you should worry if you forget what keys are for.
This is NOT in the same category. It's VERY logical.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 6:02 pm
Ha ha. I found the cabinet baby lock in my freezer today. You are in good company.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen