Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Do you want to write a few lines about you and your life

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 1:11 pm
A relative of mine is writing a memoir about her life.
It made me think are any of you happy to write a few lines about any part of your life that you are happy to write about without giving away too much individual specific details.
I will start.
My father was extremely clever, very strict but also loving at the same time. My father did not give any help at all to my mother at home.
My mother was the nervous sort but a loving caring mother. She did everything for my father, for her mother when she lived with us and for us, her children. My mother was a good wife to my father looking after all his needs day and night. She made a special lunch for my father which she prepared early in the morning and put the same items in his lunch box every single day.
The house was always extremely clean and my mother was highly organised. My mother was the one we would speak to if we had any problems or if we knew we had done something naughty because my mother knew how to handle everything.
Unfortunately I did not follow my mother's housekeeping when I got married.
Dh is much more involved in helping at home and he is the main organiser and he is the boss.
I make a good variety of meals but I think my mother was more health conscious then I am. There are a lot of foods that I don't like but I still cook all kind of things and although I don't taste a lot of what I make the family are happy with my cooking.
I do not work but I have plenty to keep me busy.

Who will be next?

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 1:20 pm
Excerpt of a chapter in my life…

A call came right after my school performance.
“Your father isn’t doing well and is being taken to the hospital….”
Being the oldest of a large family I went home to take over the household.
As I arrived he was being led into the ambulance….he called out to me “tell all the kids I love them”…
Those were the last coherent words he spoke to me.
When I visited him a couple days later, a day before he died, he was incoherent and drugged up.
In my teenage mind I remember thinking if I can get him to talk coherently then everything would be alright.
I asked him what day it was, and he really tried but couldn’t figure it out…I pleaded with him to put more thought into it, but he just couldn’t get it right…I gave him some hints…nothing….
That was when.I knew it was over…..

Not sure why this incident just came to me….

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 2:29 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
Excerpt of a chapter in my life…

A call came right after my school performance.
“Your father isn’t doing well and is being taken to the hospital….”
Being the oldest of a large family I went home to take over the household.
As I arrived he was being led into the ambulance….he called out to me “tell all the kids I love them”…
Those were the last coherent words he spoke to me.
When I visited him a couple days later, a day before he died, he was incoherent and drugged up.
In my teenage mind I remember thinking if I can get him to talk coherently then everything would be alright.
I asked him what day it was, and he really tried but couldn’t figure it out…I pleaded with him to put more thought into it, but he just couldn’t get it right…I gave him some hints…nothing….
That was when.I knew it was over…..

Not sure why this incident just came to me….

Obviously you hadn’t fully processed it and needed to get it out. Hugs. It’s so sad.
I came from a home where father was verbally abusive, made me feel I was less than since my earliest childhood memory. His excuse when u confronted him on it as an adult was, well my father did it to me to teach me right from wrong.
Mother was emotionally unavailable to me because my sibling was always in trouble and she wasinvolved with them.
I got into a bad marriage and now divorced. My story. Hopefully it’ll get better please Gd.

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 2:46 pm
Bh I've led a charmed life. Grew up in a well known, respected family. Was valedictorian, popular and got married to my wonderful dh. He is not the learner I thought he was, but BH he makes a respectable living. I work in a job that I love.
2 months ago, I had 2 darling girls and I was pregnant with my 3rd, my first son.
Now, Bh I still have my dh and my girls, but my son has died.
And I'm left feeling so empty. Like what happened? Why my baby? And what am I meant to do now???
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics