Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone feel kids can't get serious covid?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 9:31 pm
We've had a few posters claim that some women on this site believe it's impossible for children to get a serious case of covid. I'm not sure if they're fear mongering, but I certainly think they are confused.

There's so much to disagree on. It's a shame that we have to debate something that we all actually agree on.

It is very very unlikely for a child to get serious covid. As per the CDC's data, only around 1/10 of 1% of covid deaths involve children 17 and under. Of course when it's your kid it means everything. Nobody is denying that. But it doesn't change that fact that children do better than everyone else with covid and are extremely unlikely to get a serious case. I don't think this is controversial.

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 9:32 pm
A child has a bigger chance of being diagnosed with cancer than having covid complications.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 9:37 pm
Of course. Further proof how vaccines mandates are about control and nothing about our health. Why are they forced to get a vaccine that most didn’t suffer from?

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:13 pm
And yet there are schools, preschools even, where kids are sitting all day in masks and being subjected to frequent routine testing. It's child abuse.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:16 pm
My niece (with bad asthma ) was in the icu for several days
My son ( who is immunocompromised ) had severe breathing difficulties. We had to call an ambulance for breathing support numerous times . He was literally too weak to crawl.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:18 pm
My daughter is still sick 15 months later
She was 16 when she got covid Crying

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:19 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
My son ( who is immunocompromised ) had severe breathing difficulties. We had to call an ambulance for breathing support numerous times . He was literally too weak to crawl.

Kids like this unfortunately are at high risk for many kinds of viruses. Flu can be super dangerous for them. I - and I believe OP too - are talking about normal healthy kids. And even for kids with other serious complications, Covid is still less dangerous than flu. Also, if any kids have been vaccinated, can't discount the possibility that that is what's responsible for any health crisis.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:20 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

Which is why it makes sense for the vaccine to be available for high risk children, but should not be mandated for healthy children.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:22 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
My daughter is still sick 15 months later
She was 16 when she got covid Crying

Hugs.
I think people are usually referring to younger children not getting it seriously, as in 12 and under.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:27 pm
I am with you, op. A healthy child under age 12 should not get the vaccine.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:58 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Kids like this unfortunately are at high risk for many kinds of viruses. Flu can be super dangerous for them. I - and I believe OP too - are talking about normal healthy kids. And even for kids with other serious complications, Covid is still less dangerous than flu. Also, if any kids have been vaccinated, can't discount the possibility that that is what's responsible for any health crisis.

Kids who are immunocompromised are not normal and don't matter?

smss

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:00 pm
I personally know a kid who had MISC.
"Kids are at very low risk for severe complications from covid" is different from "I feel like kids just can't get serious covid."

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:04 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:

I’m saying this as an immunocompromised adult. OF COURSE they matter. What the poster is saying is that these children need to be just as careful, if not more, of rsv, flu etc. and we don’t stop the world for those viruses.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:09 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:

How do you get this from my post?

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:20 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Hugs.
I think people are usually referring to younger children not getting it seriously, as in 12 and under.

Long Covid is a real concern for kids of all ages. My nephew had just turned 3 when he got Covid in August 2020. Perfectly healthy kid and Covid itself was no big deal. Low grade fever for two days and barely a cough. But, he lost his sense of smell and taste since and basically stopped eating. It’s been a nightmare for his parents taking him to therapies trying to get him to put on enough weight. Is he counted as a serious case? No. Was he hospitalized? B’H no. Do I want that for my kids? Also no.

smss

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:56 pm
amother [ Molasses ] wrote:
Long Covid is a real concern for kids of all ages. My nephew had just turned 3 when he got Covid in August 2020. Perfectly healthy kid and Covid itself was no big deal. Low grade fever for two days and barely a cough. But, he lost his sense of smell and taste since and basically stopped eating. It’s been a nightmare for his parents taking him to therapies trying to get him to put on enough weight. Is he counted as a serious case? No. Was he hospitalized? B’H no. Do I want that for my kids? Also no.

Yeah this is a really important point. I also know someone whose teen's sense of taste changed after covid so that most things taste burnt. She now has a very limited diet and is losing weight. It's been going on 6 months now

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:01 am
I also know a young girl who’s having Covid after effects which are no fun.
But where does a vaccine mandate fit in here?
It’s unfortunate, kids can get sick, so sure you can choose to vaccinate your child, but why are they FORCING ALL kids to take it?

Roots

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:35 am
all this bull$hit about control is really drving me crazy
that being said I think they are vaxxing kids because a child who carrying covid can spread it to others kids and adults. ifwe want to end covid we gotta stop it from spreading

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:40 am
Roots wrote:
all this bull$hit about control is really drving me crazy
that being said I think they are vaxxing kids because a child who carrying covid can spread it to others kids and adults. ifwe want to end covid we gotta stop it from spreading

Still making that case? The vaxxed are spreading it big time.
And what BS about control exactly?

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:47 am
My teenage daughter has a couple of friends who's short term memories were affected from covid, one literally can't remember what she ate for breakfast.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics