Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood High School (new thread)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:11 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
same. my daughter claims oros called the people they are accepting. has anyone heard from them?

Same way someone posted in the thread above that her friend's neighbor got a letter before pesach?
I'm pretty sure we are (praying!!) in there, got no phone call.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:14 pm
I just heard that Chedvas sent out answers this morning. Don’t know if it’s true or not

amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
If anyone knows about any other school & when letters went out (definitively), can u post?
So far only heard that Aderes was supposedly Friday.
TY!

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 6:05 pm
Seems there have been lots of verbal acceptance this year. No one received anything in writing yet. We are all still waiting.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 10:48 pm
A HS secretary told me all schools should have it out by Wed-Thurs of this week. Good news by all!

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 10:51 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
Same way someone posted in the thread above that her friend's neighbor got a letter before pesach?
I'm pretty sure we are (praying!!) in there, got no phone call.

how do u know? my principal told us she is in but my daughter is still quite nervous.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 10:59 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
how do u know? my principal told us she is in but my daughter is still quite nervous.

Similar type of thing.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:24 am
My DD told me her 8th grade teacher gave them the high school speech yesterday. So it does seem that round one is going out this week.

I will post if I hear anything more, just to let everyone know....though we only applied to one high school, and DD is a sibling.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:44 pm
So it seems BBY sent out theirs already I hear

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:48 pm
I got letters today from Aderes, Bais Kaila and Bais Faiga

mamaleh

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:50 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
I got letters today from Aderes, Bais Kaila and Bais Faiga

Mazel Tov! (I’m assuming they were acceptances since someone said rejections don’t go out.)

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:58 pm
mamaleh wrote:
Mazel Tov! (I’m assuming they were acceptances since someone said rejections don’t go out.)

Bais Faiga’s actually was not. It says I can be put on a waiting list if I’d like

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:01 pm
Snowflake are you a BF parent? Just curious.

My mail comes late in the day so nothing yet.

I've never heard of another school sending out a "waitlist" letter. So interesting. I actually think it's not a bad thing.

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:03 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Snowflake are you a BF parent? Just curious.

My mail comes late in the day so nothing yet.

I've never heard of another school sending out a "waitlist" letter. So interesting. I actually think it's not a bad thing.

No, I’m not

mamaleh

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:04 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
Bais Faiga’s actually was not. It says I can be put on a waiting list if I’d like

Sorry! But mazel Tov on the other two!

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:53 pm
After reading this I went out to check my mail. Acceptance from Bais Faiga BH. They told me she’s accepted by the interview but until I received something in writing I wasn’t able to rest assured. Now I have to convince my daughter that this is a good choice. It seems many girls are making fun of people going to this new school. I’m not sure why…

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 3:23 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
After reading this I went out to check my mail. Acceptance from Bais Faiga BH. They told me she’s accepted by the interview but until I received something in writing I wasn’t able to rest assured. Now I have to convince my daughter that this is a good choice. It seems many girls are making fun of people going to this new school. I’m not sure why…

Mazel Tov on ur acceptance! That’s so horrible that girls r talking like that about the school. I’m sure it’s going to be an amazing school!

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 3:40 pm

So funny because my DD (in BF) tells me the opposite. There's so much hock about the new BF high school, that she told me she regrets not applying! Plus she knows some really nice girls who are going (verbal acceptances until now) including a cousin of ours and a friend whom she likes. It probably varies by class.

Mazal Tov on her acceptance!

BH my DD was accepted to Bais Kaila.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 3:44 pm
BTW DD's teacher gave them a speech about high school acceptances - about not knocking high schools (so as not to make girls feel bad about their choices), not being such a Baalas Gaavah (if you got accepted, yay, maybe it means your sister was a great girl! or maybe your cousin! or the school took you off of a list of girls that have to get accepted and they have to take some! doesn't make you better than the next girl), not discussing your acceptances (you could've gotten 3, and the girl you are speaking to got none), and if someone pushes you and you didn't get in, just say you are going to Bais Yaakov (they are all Bais Yaakov schools, and people do change their minds about schools so that could be the case IYH when you get in.)

I remember my older DD's teacher told them, if anyone asks you which high school you got into, look them down like they just asked a very socially-off question, or like you'd look at someone with green horns.

They need to hear this stuff.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 3:48 pm
Chayalle wrote:
BTW DD's teacher gave them a speech about high school acceptances - about not knocking high schools (so as not to make girls feel bad about their choices), not being such a Baalas Gaavah (if you got accepted, yay, maybe it means your sister was a great girl! or maybe your cousin! or the school took you off of a list of girls that have to get accepted and they have to take some! doesn't make you better than the next girl), not discussing your acceptances (you could've gotten 3, and the girl you are speaking to got none), and if someone pushes you and you didn't get in, just say you are going to Bais Yaakov (they are all Bais Yaakov schools, and people do change their minds about schools so that could be the case IYH when you get in.)

I remember my older DD's teacher told them, if anyone asks you which high school you got into, look them down like they just asked a very socially-off question, or like you'd look at someone with green horns.

They need to hear this stuff.

Excellent speech! Apparently our daughters are in different classes because my daughter didn’t hear this speech (yet). Hopefully she will.
BH your daughter got her acceptance letter! IyH she will have a good 4 years like her sisters did.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 3:58 pm
Excellent speech! Apparently our daughters are in different classes because my daughter didn’t hear this speech (yet). Hopefully she will.
BH your daughter got her acceptance letter! IyH she will have a good 4 years like her sisters did.

Amen and to your daughter too! It should be with Hatzlacha!
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries