Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood High School (new thread)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:23 pm

amother
Melon

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:06 pm
How does it work with the second round of acceptance.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:47 am
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
How does it work with the second round of acceptance.

Last year their was no second round the parents just kept calling and having other people call for them slowly girls got excepted into schools.

In August their were still about 70 girls with out a school.

But, people keep saying that this year is different because there are more seats, I hope they are right.

If you were not excepted any were pick the school you want and start calling and getting every one you know to call.

Hatzlacha

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 3:14 pm
Any other schools' letters arrive today?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 6:10 pm
My friends DD (who is a bully) got a letter from oros today we didn't.
DD is okay About it I am not.
Just feeling the unfairness

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 6:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yup I know plenty of sisters who are trouble makers or kids with issues that easily get in to schools while great, oldest, kids can't get these schools to look at them.
Old story.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 7:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

When my dd was in 8th grade the biggest trouble maker in her class, got into Bais Yaakov in the first round. This was a kid who was always disrupting the class, who the best teachers couldn't handle. And some of the nicest, sweetest girls didn't get in until school was starting. Unfair is right.

I sincerely hope your dd gets in very quickly with very little agmas nefesh.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 8:49 pm
Some one told me of course your daughter did not get in she is a good girls they make all the good girls wait untill the end.

This did not make me feal beter

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 9:05 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
When my dd was in 8th grade the biggest trouble maker in her class, got into Bais Yaakov in the first round. This was a kid who was always disrupting the class, who the best teachers couldn't handle. And some of the nicest, sweetest girls didn't get in until school was starting. Unfair is right.

I sincerely hope your dd gets in very quickly with very little agmas nefesh.

I don’t get it. Don’t they ask the elementary schools for information? How do these kids get in?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 11:34 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I don’t get it. Don’t they ask the elementary schools for information? How do these kids get in?

She had a lot of pull. But it was horribly unfair to all the great girls who deserved to get accepted immediately and instead had to wait months. While this little monster got to smile and be proud that she was in the "best" school in Lakewood.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 11:35 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
She had a lot of pull. But it was horribly unfair to all the great girls who deserved to get accepted immediately and instead had to wait months. While this little monster got to smile and be proud that she was in the "best" school in Lakewood.

Uch!!

amother
Wallflower

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 8:14 am
Why are some girls getting into 3 schools and other girls none? There must be a way to work this out before letters go out so every girl gets an acceptance

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 8:22 am
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
Why are some girls getting into 3 schools and other girls none? There must be a way to work this out before letters go out so every girl gets an acceptance

I think that in such a situation, the 3 schools shud contact the family and they shud have to make a decision of which school they want before letters r sent out. That way, 2 other girls can be accepted. But sadly, I don’t think that things will ever change

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 8:53 am
I wanna say some things.
Firstly (this is in response to Brickred's comment about sisters), if a family sent all their DD's to a school, and they have one child who has struggles - whatever those struggles are, so long as the kid is frum - then it's pretty much a responsibility for the school that took their other children to take that one too. It's for everyone's benefit in town. I remember when my oldest was going to high school, there was such a girl in my neighborhood. And her sibling school (BY!) accepted her. She struggled thru high school, then settled down, got married, and is raising a frum family. Just imagine what her life would be like if she hadn't been accepted by that school and been given that chance to get thru her teen years as best she could with whatever struggles she had. She's a sweet girl and human and had whatever challenges Hashem gave her.
I hate to say this but I don't think high school acceptance is some prize to be handed down to top girls. It's a basic right for every Jewish frum girl in town. Everyone should get accepted. And schools should take that responsibility toward the families that gave them their easier kids.
I think the teen years are a time of flux, and a time of challenges for some. We don't have to hand down judgement to them just because they are struggling at age 13-14. They are still a work in progress.

As to girls getting into 3 schools - my DD's best friend got into all the schools she applied to (and my DD got into one, and it wasn't the same as her best friend. And yes - they are still best friends 10 years later). Her grandfather is a well-known Posek in the US, and she happens to be a very nice girl too. I told DD then that her grandfather is moser nefesh for tzorchei tzibbur to the nth degree, so Hashem gives him the Menuchas Hanefesh that at least his kids don't struggle with school acceptances....

I feel that it's the job of a mother to normalize these things for her kids. It's a great time to teach them that Hashem runs the world and it's His choices, not ours, that pan out.....and that we don't really know what's right for us, but He does.....and yes, I had a niece that got into school after school started. I know how painful it can be. B"H she did beautifully in the high school she ended up in (that she hadn't applied to.)

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 8:54 am
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
I think that in such a situation, the 3 schools shud contact the family and they shud have to make a decision of which school they want before letters r sent out. That way, 2 other girls can be accepted. But sadly, I don’t think that things will ever change

I don't think that is necessarily fair to these girls, sometimes that decision might be made based on where other girls are going, where they were accepted....and yes, just because some of us (myself included) didn't have the luxury of such choice doesn't mean no one should.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 9:09 am
I love everything about your posts chayalle about the last one regarding girls choices. They can choose in advance (on their entrance exam) their preferences 1,2,3 and if all three schools want her, she should only get acceptance to #1. This way she has a choice. I understand a small tzad that two may be equal and just wants to choose based on who else gets in. But overall this seems most fair

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 9:18 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I love everything about your posts chayalle about the last one regarding girls choices. They can choose in advance (on their entrance exam) their preferences 1,2,3 and if all three schools want her, she should only get acceptance to #1. This way she has a choice. I understand a small tzad that two may be equal and just wants to choose based on who else gets in. But overall this seems most fair

I hear you but I guess I'm not into everything always being fair. It's part of life. And part of life is that sometimes there are people who seem to have more choices than some of us in certain areas (and the rest of us have more choices in other areas.) Like my DD's best friend got into all her high school choices. But in some ways our family is more chilled - and DD has more choices - than her friend. Life is a complex package. It's good for our kids to learn this, it helps them get thru life.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 11:06 am
We got a verbal consent that my dd was accepted to a specific school yet we did not get the acceptance letter yet. Due the fact she was accepted her elementary school strongly advised that we dont apply elsewhere since it can take away a slot from another of their students.
I called the HS to ask if the letters went out and they said on Tuesday so I shouldve gotten it by now.
Now im concerned since someone mentioned the rejection letters go out later.
Anyone not get their acceptance letters yet?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 11:16 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
We got a verbal consent that my dd was accepted to a specific school yet we did not get the acceptance letter yet. Due the fact she was accepted her elementary school strongly advised that we dont apply elsewhere since it can take away a slot from another of their students.
I called the HS to ask if the letters went out and they said on Tuesday so I shouldve gotten it by now.

Confused. When did u get the verbal acceptance- before or after the interview. If it was after I’m assuming you should’ve applied elsewhere by then anyway…

I think you should call her elementary principal ASAP

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 11:19 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

They did this to people last year and those kids had no place until after succos. I would ignore what they are saying and start getting pull to push hard for you in a few places. Fight for yourself don’t trust anyone.
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries